𝚅𝙸𝙸𝙸 - 𝙲𝙰𝙽𝙳𝚈

┌───────── ·  ·  ·  · ♡
Sweet like...... Candy

❥ ‑‑‑‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑

2nd person POV

2 days later...... (the match was a day ago)

you just recently heard about the devastating lost of your school's boy volleyball team against your childhood friend's school, aoba johsai. you knew how much work your cousin nishinoya, sugawara and the others did just for that match.

you texted sugawara yesterday saying your good lucks but all he did was reply with an 'ok thanks' which felt off because he wasn't the type to reply dryly.

𓆝 𓆜 –––––––———–––––––––––┊⁀➷

it was the next day and you saw a gloomy silver haired boy walking alone the hallway. his cheery aura was replaced by a melancholy one and you couldn't help but feel his sadness as well.

you sat on your seat, before glancing towards the silvernette who was looking through the window, most likely zoning out because of yesterday's game.

'she must already have realized that she's way out of my league and iwaizumi-san is a much better match for her.' the boy thought as a sigh came out of his mouth. he glanced at you who was talking to your friend.

throughout the class, never once have you caught sugawara looking at you, which you have caught him multiple times before. 'is he alright? did i upset him in any way?'

"okay everyone our exams are next week so you better start studying! class dismissed!"

morning class has ended as you dashed out the classroom and ran towards the convenience store to buy some candies with those little cute notes plastered on their wrappers. you decided since yesterday that you are going to try your best to cheer the boy up.

the boy on the other hand felt like you were uninterested in him anymore. you both never exchanged even a word the whole morning and he felt like he clearly lost his chance with you.

'iwaizumi-san is better than me after all.'

his overthinking antics fill inside him again, first is the painful truth of his kouhai, kageyama tobio, replacing him because he wasn't good enough to be the team's official setter. and now was him not being enough for you.

𓆝 𓆜 –––––––———–––––––––––┊⁀➷

before lunch ended you went towards his desk to put a good number of candies with different uplifting words in each of them. you hoped to encourage and at least make your dear friend feel a little bit better by your little act.