06 guilt

Next Morning 

I woke up with a sore throat. I was still asleep when I felt like my throat was hurting. I was facing a problem with gulping. I opened my eyes. Then I saw that I was not alone on the bed. Jungkook was also sleeping beside me while hugging me.

I was confused because from what I remember he was really mad at me last night. I am also mad at him but what made him sleep beside me like this. I tried to get up but his grip around my waist was stopping me. He woke up as I struggled to get out of his grip.

JK: Oh you woke up. Good morning baby. 

He said, placing a soft peck on my neck where I had bruises. It gave me chills. I tried to speak but my voice wouldn't come out of my mouth. Just the sound of whispering came out.

Y/N: What are....you doing beside m-me?

I managed to say this with my broken voice. He looked up at me.

JK: What's wrong with your voice?

Y/N: I don't know but it just won't come out.

JK: Wait..oh my god you have a fever baby.

He said, touching my forehead. He then touched my neck too to check my temperature. I hissed in pain.

Y/N: Ahh...it hurts.

JK: Oh I am sorry. But you have a high fever. Let me call the doctor. 

After a while a doctor came. Jungkook was really worried and I was confused because of his behaviour. Why is he behaving like this after what happened last night? The doctor sat down beside me on the bed. Then he checked me. He noticed the bruise on my neck and saw that my wrist was red too. He sighed looking at Jungkook. 

Doctor: Mr. Jeon, I am prescribing some medicines for her. Give them to her timely. Try your best to keep her warm. And Ms. Y/N please don't take shower at night for this week and don't drink cold water. I would recommend drinking soup and juice if you struggle to swallow hard food. 

Y/N: Ok-ay doctor. Thank you.

Doctor: And Mr. Jeon, can I talk to you?

JK: Yeah tell me. 

Doctor: Let's go outside. She should rest. Take care of yourself Ms. Y/N.

Then Jungkook went outside the room with the doctor. I leaned back resting my head on the headboard. 

Jungkook's POV 

I came out as the doctor sighed. 

Doctor: Did you choke her? 

I just avoided any eye contact out of guilt. 

JK: Come straight to the point. 

Doctor: She has a fever and sore throat because of immense pressure being given on her neck. If it would have lasted anymore then she might have vomited blood. 

JK: Is she okay now? Is it really bad right now?

I said as I was really worried. I really can't overcome the guilt. 

Doctor: Nothing major happened and if you properly take care of her then she will recover in 2 or 3 days. Just follow everything I have said. Keep her warm. If she catches a cold then it will become worse.

JK: Don't worry I will take proper care of her. 

Doctor: Best of luck and I will take a leave now.

The doctor left and I went to the kitchen to tell the maid to make soup for her. Then I went back to our bedroom. As I entered the room she flinched. It made me even sad. I slowly approached her.

JK: Baby do you want to take a shower?

She just nodded. 

JK: Then come I will turn on the heater for you.

She slowly got up from the bed and went to take a shower. She came out after 15 minutes wearing my hoodie that I gave her. She looked like a baby bear. Such a precious human she is still, I treated her like that. By that time her soup had also arrived. 

JK: Come and have the soup. 

She silently followed all my instructions. She sat down on the bed as I placed a small table in front of her on the bed. She was about to hold the spoon when I noticed some red scars on her wrist. 

JK: What happened to your wrist?

She just looked down. 

JK: Baby! I am asking something. 

I was still unaware of the fact that these scars were also given by me until she said so.

Y/N: Last night while trying to stop you I hurt my wrist as it got hit by the edge of the bathtub. 

I clenched my jaw in anger. How can I do this?

JK: Wait. Leave that spoon. Let me feed you. 

Y/N: But I can....

JK: Please...

Y/N's POV 

He looked at me with begging eyes. His eyes were full of guilt and sorrow. I could clearly see them. I didn't try anymore and let him do it. He took a spoon of soup and held them in front of my lips. One, two, three and then slowly and carefully he fed me the whole bowl of soup. 

He got up and gave me pills and water. As I took them he removed the table in front of me and sat down on the bed. He took the glass from my hand and placed it on the side table. Then he finally started speaking. 

JK: Baby!

I hummed in response. 

JK: Sweetheart!

I looked up at him. He took the strand of hair from my face and placed them behind my ears.

JK: I am sorry. I am really sorry princess for last night. I really don't know what happened to me that I lost my mind like that. I don't know how to seek your forgiveness but please forgive me this time. I know it was my fault. I shouldn't have gotten so lost in kissing Yuri but still forgive. I will do everything to make up for you.

I didn't say anything else and just kept staring at him. 

JK: Baby! Say something. 

Y/N: What can I say? You are the one saying everything. You were the one who started kissing another girl infront of me. You were the one to beat that man ruthlessly. You were the one dragging me under the shower and washing me in an inhuman way. You were the one to ask me if I have enjoyed his touch or not. You were the one to strangle me when I tried to speak for myself. Now what more can I say?  If I say something then you might actually kill me this time. 

He continuously shaked his head as a no. 

JK: No baby. I can never think about killing you. Not even in my dream. Don't say that. I can't spend a single day without you. I am sorry. I am truly sorry for last night. 

He said as his voice was shaky. Fear of losing something can be heard in his voice. He came closer to me and rested his forehead on mine. 

JK: Please baby never say something like that. You don't know how much I love........

I shot up my head as he was about to say something unimaginable. But he stopped in the middle. He quickly got away from me.

Y/N: How much you what?

JK: Nothing.

He was flustered. He was taken aback by his own words.

Y/N: Jungkook completed what you were about to say. 

JK: I told you it's nothing. 

Y/N: Jungkook pleaseeeeee.

I literally begged with my voice. 

JK: You should rest. I have some work. I will see you in a few hours.

And he left the room.