The Sorting Hat

The moment the girls got out they heard Hagrid yelling "Firs' year's over here"

"So that's Hagrid" Liv exclaimed "He really is everything you said he was, but he sounds nice". "He is," Allison said "Woah, Hogwarts looks awesome!" They stared in awe at the humongous castle.

Before they could stare any more they saw Hagrid walking over to them. " All of ya are supposed to be coming with me," Hagrid said gruffly. They stared at him for a few moments before hearing him say, "This way come on then". They followed him obediently. Very soon they found themselves going toward a lake. They saw that there was only one boat left. They climbed inside and looked at the peaceful setting in front of them.

When they got off the boat, they found themselves in someplace they had never been before. They across a flight of steps and Allison and Liv found themselves face to face with a huge, oak door. "Yer all here okay," Hagrid asked, as his eyes scanned over the crowd of first years. Then he gave three, loud knocks on the oak door. Through the doors, came a woman. She had a stony glare and very thin lips. The first years seemed a little frightened to see her. Except, a girl with pale blond hair and a very cruel smile.

"I'll leave ya to it then, Professor" Hagrid stated, nodding slightly. The woman who seemed to be a professor spoke, "I am Professor McGonagall, the Headmistress, this way first years. She led them through the huge, oak doors. They were inside the castle. The tiles were shimmering, and they were paintings hung everywhere. "Who are they," Allison asked, pointing to a painting that had three teenagers on a cliff. "You seriously don't know," Liv asked in total disbelief, "The one with black hair is Harry Potter, he defeated the Dark Lord, also known as Voldermort. The girl with bushy hair is Hermione Granger, she's the first Mistress of Magic. And finally, the tall one is Ron Weasley, he is the owner of Weasley's Wizard Wheezes ". 

Then Professor McGonagall brought out an old rusty hat that had eyes and a mouth or needed to go to the dry cleaners very badly. "Before the sorting hat sings,  I want all electronics such as phones, tablets, computers, etc.". After that, she went from person to person collecting all electronics. The pale girl they saw earlier had a humongous assortment of pretty much everything and had been forced to show her bag to their headmistress! "The reason we have to do this is that electronics are not permitted at Hogwarts and will go haywire if to keep them here, so they will be sent back to your parents, although you can contact using O.W.L delivery service, your own owl, or a school owl from Hogwarts. And I must remind you to not go snooping on the 3rd floor. Now that the issue is resolved you all may sit down and listen to the Sorting Hat's song". Everybody but the first years sat down while the Sorting Hat started somewhat singing.

Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.
You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats are sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.
There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.
You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;
You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you have a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;
Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folk use any means
To achieve their ends.
So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!

(Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone)

As soon as the song had started it had ended as well, and Allison was quite impressed by the song for it was sung by a hat! "Fred jr Weasley" Professor McGonagall called out, and a red-headed boy with tanned skin and freckles confidently came into view, he was walking like he owned the world (according to his clothes, he probably did). "Wait, Weasley?" asked Liv "As in-" "GRYFFINDOR" the Sorting Hat cried out. "Victoria Malfoy" the girl appeared again and walked over to the hat, it had just touched a hair on her head when it called out "SLYTHERIN". 

She walked over to the table with a mischievous grin on her face as the table started cheering "We got another Malfoy!".

When Liv came into view for her turn she slowly walked up to the hat she gulped as she put it on "GRYFFINDOR" the hat yelled. A couple of minutes later it was Allison's turn she took a deep breath and walked over to the hat...