The Pain Of A Life Not Started

⚠️TW: MISCARRIAGE ⚠️

Not too shy of two months ago this lovely couple discovered they are pregnant with a second child. Regina and Emma have an older boy, about ten. No they didn't plan the age gap to be so far but the two have been trying so hard and here it finally is. You may think this will a happy ending for the couple but it's quite the opposite.

Regina sat down, locked away in the bathroom when her wife came home with their son. The blonde searched the house for her brunette wife, finally finding her in the bathroom.

She knocked softly before speaking, "Honey? Are you okay?" Emma questions through the door. There was a sob from the other side and so she helped herself into the bathroom. "Gina? What's wrong?" This quirky sheriff quickly became worried at the sight of this. Her sassy mayoral wife was not one for crying her heart out.

The mayor shook her head, covering her mouth as she sobbed harder. Her spouse sat down on the side of the tub, taking her hand.

"Breathe, baby. Tell me what happened." Emma rubbed Reginas knuckles with her finger tips as Regina tried to calm down.

"I-I... the baby-" Regina struggled to spit it out. She was sitting on the toilet, dress pants and underwear off completely as she sat there in pain.

Emma grabbed a towel and wipes the sweat from her wife's face and chest. "What about the baby?" She did her best to stay calm for her wife.

"I.. I'm having a miscarriage." She spat out between sobs, crying even harder as she watched Emma's face turn a pale white.

Emma shook her head, running some cold water and soaking the cloth in it. "Okay.. we can get through this honey. We will do it together, just like we do everything." The blonde took some deep breathes, cooking her wife down with the cloth. "Let me have my mother come get Henry. Okay?" She asks softly, looking her precious lover in the eyes.

Regina shook her head vigorously, gripping Emmas hand with what little strength she has left. "Please don't leave me!" She hollers for her wife.

"Okay. I won't right now. But i will have to for a little when my mom gets here and I need to get Henry ready. What do you want me to do?" She kisses Reginas hand and then her head.

"Do it all now. Please? Get him ready and call at the same time?" She recommended, starting to accept the fate. Her wife nodded and brought her some water and a blanket just in case.

Regina bled for hours on end without stopping. She grew so tired but couldn't move. Emma had moved a chair next to the toilet so Regina could lean on her. "I'm right here, Gina." Emma reassured softly before kissing the top of Reginas head.

"It hurts Emma." She exasperated, closing her eyes and gripping Emma's shirt as more cramps hit her. "It hurts... s-so bad."

"I know. Just let me get you something. Okay? It'll thin the clots a bit more and you can maybe fall asleep? Do we want to put on a pad for you?" Emma grabbed some Tylenol amd water.

Regina shook her head with the response of, "Too much blood. I tried already." The way she said it almost hurt Emma. She said without emotion, taking the Tylenol and swallowing with water. She leaned back onto her wife and sighed. "I'm exhausted." She admits.

Emma rubbed her back softly until the woman fell asleep against her. Emma sat up straight, calling her mom and talking to her for some time.

When Regina woke up a total of 20 hours after the bleeding started, it had actually slowed a lot. Emma prepared her wife for the actual bed, grabbing her a maxi pad as wel as a heating pad for the pain. She laid her pale, thin wife in the bed and let her sleep. Now it was her turn to break down, and that she did.