"I made a terrible mistake"

Emma's g!p

Hope walked into her home only to see her mother with yet another bottle in her hand. Regina takes another swig of the clear liquid as her boyfriend simply watches the tv. Hope frowns and looks back at the to the door that her father would soon be walking through. The door started opening and Hope looked at her phone for the time. 4:30. It's too early for Emma to be here.

Emily walks through instead. The 21 year old wasn't alone either. Her 15 year old half brother follows her behind. Henry weakly smiles at his little sister and Hope gives the same look.

Regina glances over to them and pats Daniels leg. "Come on babe. Time to get ready for dinner." Regina sits up and Daniel gets up too. The couple walk to their room and get ready.

Hope immediately starts dinner for the group that's most likely going to get in an argument. Emily frowns at what this family has turned into. She remembers so clearly seven years ago when everything was okay. She remembers when Emma and Regina were happy. When her dad and stepmom looked at each other with only love. But she also remembers when Regina packed up and left. She remembers when Emma fucked up everything.

Henry pulls the pack of cigarettes from his bag and then a lighter but they are pulled from his hands. "Hey!"

Emily looks him dead in the eyes. "Dad will hate this. Your mom might not care, but dad does. And so do I."

"I don't care what dad thinks. She's the one who fucked up this family." Henry scowls at his half sister.

"Don't start this with me. You don't know the whole story. You were 8. I was 15. I was there. I know what happened. You don't. So stop it and help your sister get ready." Emily scolds and throws his contraband away.

"Mom will just dig those up and use them herself. You have to put them somewhere else." Henry tells the blonde.

Hope cuts in after Henry's information with, "She will. Go throw them outside in the trash. She doesn't even leave the house anymore."

Emily sighs and does just what she's told. She also just happens to see Emma pulling up in her yellow Volkswagen with a new brunette in the front seat. Emily smiles and waves at her dad and she gets out with her new girlfriend. Emily furrows her brows at Emma's new hairstyle. Brunette. She died it brown. Hmm. Wonder why.

The two brunettes walk to the blonde. "Hey Emily." Emma says happily as she hugs her daughter.

"Let's head inside. And please don't go crazy about Ginas new.. boyfriend." Emily pleads with her dad.

Emma just nods and they all head inside. Hope and Henry were setting food out on the table and Regina was walking down the stairs with Daniel.

Regina avoids all eye contact with her ex wife and the new girlfriend. "Hope dear please grab the wine." Regina gives her daughter the simple task and the 13 year old rolls her eyes and follows her mother's command.

Once Hope comes back with the wine and she pulls out glasses, everyone sits down. They dish themselves up and start eating silently.

"So.." Emma starts. "How's school?"

"Fine." Henry plainly states. "Can I go?"

Regina doesn't respond to her son's question. She's too busy staring a hole into her food.

"Henry I haven't seen you in months."  Emma pleads with her son.

"That's not my fault." He quickly responds.

"Henry-" Regina starts.

"No! Fuck you! Both of you! Dad, you cheated on mom! And mom, you tried to leave us! You just left!" Henry stands up midway through his sentence and looks at his parents.

Regina stands up and Henry prepares for her scolding. "If you ever speak to us that way again you're moving in with your father! I am done dealing with your shitty attitude! And this blame game needs to end! You don't know the whole story! Go to your room!" Regina points towards the stairs.

Henry looks down and he picks up his plate goes to his room. Regina sits back down and she looks at Emma, finally noticing her newly colored hair. "Sorry. He's been acting up lately."

Emma shakes her head. "I-it's fine." Emma looks at her ex and clearly notes that she is not herself.

"No." Emma's new girlfriend starts and all eyes are on her. "It's not okay. He's 15 he should know his manners."

"Ella-" Emma starts.

"He should Emma."

"She's right Emma." Regina admits. "I'm struggling Ella. I'm really trying here-" she continues but Ella cuts her off.

"Clearly you're not. You're obviously already drunk considering the amount of times you've slurred your words. And you're taking.. Adderal. I'm a nurse. Your hands are shaky and you're agitated. It's quite obvious." Ella states.

Regina looks down and watches Daniel rest a hand on her thigh. "Well maybe if Emma here wouldn't have cheated on Regina at the horrible time she did, she'd be better." Daniel defends.

"Everyone just shut up." Emily scolds the adults. "No one knows the whole story. No one but me. So everyone just shut up about it. I'm the only one who has heard both sides of the story. Dad, Gina, you're both in the wrong here. So everyone just stop." Emily looks down. "Hope please go to your room." Hope does so. "Regina, dad, figure your shit out. We are all sick of this. I'll clean up dinner. Ella, go to the car. Daniel, go upstairs."

Daniel goes upstairs. Ella goes to the car. And Emily cleans up.

"Regina-" Emma starts.

"No. I really don't want to talk to you about this. It was seven years ago. Let's please just.. not."

"I-I know. I made a terrible mistake."

"Yeah Emma.  You did. You really messed up." Regina tears up at the memories.

"I'm sorry."

"I know... but I-I can't forgive you." A single tear drops down Reginas cheek.

"I forgave you though." Emma tries.

"But it's different. You cheated when you knew that someone was hurting me."

"You lied to me about it."

"But you knew that I was hurt. You knew why I was distant. You knew that someone was- y-you knew and you still did it."

"Regina. I'm sorry. I know it's not enough. But I'm sorry." Emma pleads with Regina.

"You're right. It's not enough."