Death

Emma's POV

I was looking through my phone. All the pictures of her brought tears to my eyes. I quickly wiped it away. The memory of her stings my heart. Never have I felt more pain. Not even when I gave birth. I would never heal from this. Ever. Her death replayed in my head.

We walked down the street after our first date night out since getting married. She laughed from my comment. Her laugh was pure. Like music to my ears. She was an angel who I'm pretty sure really did fall from the heavens. Her arm was strung through mine. Her hair blowing in her face. Her dress blowing around too. She was the most beautiful thing on the planet. I swear to you, nobody deserved her. Everything she does for me and my family, it's so much yet so little at the same time.

A man walked around the corner in front of us. Then a woman behind him. She was laughing at something he had said too I'm sure. The couple made me think of us at the moment.

Regina and I walked a few more blocks. We talked about each others hair. And skin. How I was blonde with long hair and pale skin. And how she was brunette with olive skin. Her skin was smooth, always. Her lips a perfect pink. Her lashes long and thick, all natural. And her eyes. Her eyes were filled hope and passion. You were lucky to be able to look into them the way I got to. I was lucky just to have her cling to me like this.

The warm summer breeze drifted around. A shady man turned the corner and stop in our tracks. He pulled something from his pocket. It was shiny. He pointed it at us. And that was when I knew that he had a gun. But it was too late. He pulled the trigger before I could do something.

Six years. Six years I had the time of my life with her. All of it was ripped away by an angry man with a hunk of metal. My life ruined, and hers.... lost.

The bullet ripped through her skin. She started to fall back. The man ran as I caught the love of my life from hitting the pavement. I carefully laid her down. Her hand gripping my arm. The whole in her stomach forces tears to my eyes.

"Regina!" I screamed.

She looked at me. The hope and passion in her eyes, gone. Now they were filled with fright and sadness. "Emma," she whispered.

I shook my head and said, "No. You're going to be fine. You're going to live just, hang on. Stay with me." I pleaded.

She shook her head and told me, "I'm sorry. I can't. It's time." Tears streamed down her face as she told me this.

"No! You can't leave me! We need to start a family we need kids. Of our own. Please don't leave me l can't do this without you!" I tired so hard to make her stay. But god took her from me.

"I need you to promise me something," She started. I nodded. "Take care of Henry, and don't be scared to move on," She whispered.

"Gina," I cried. I knew I could take care of him alone. And there was no way I was going to I move on. Not from her.

"Promise me," she begged.

"I promise." I barely said above a whisper.

She took in a deep breath. I leaned down and kissed her. She kissed me back. But only for a moment. Her chest went down signaling her last breathe, I cried, and cried. Never had I cried like this before. The ambulance finally came. But it was too late. I sobbed over her body begging for god to take me with her. Just to see her one last time alive. I knew at this moment a piece of my heart was missing. And forever it would.

Hope you enjoyed it!! Sorry if you cried I didn't think it was too bad.