16 | out a window

this is a chaotic mess. it's so dumb but i wanted the idea out of my brain before resuming with regular, not chaotic, content.

"It's gonna be fine

"It's gonna be fine."

"Don't people regularly get thrown through windows here?"

"Yes, but Carlisle said they have to be welcoming or leave."

"Ah, so the house is empty. You could've led with that."

Valeria rolled her eyes playfully and shoved Sam. After three days of healing, the dreaded time had come. Valeria had to tell her family about Sam and her feelings for him.

It hadn't gone... great.

Alice had quietly fumed, occasionally muttering rather insulting comments under her breath about the wolves. Rosalie had broken many, many things while ranting about how wrong it was for Sam to take Valeria away with some controlling, wolf claim and that the dog would never be accepted amongst them.

It had gone better with the boys, but only marginally. Jasper had talked about murdering Sam... lots of different and graphic ways. And he was trying to get Rosalie in on his plan. It had been Emmett who came to the rescue.

He, of course, slipped in several demeaning dog jokes and comments about Sam's stench, but he did defend him. Because if not for Sam, then Valeria might've been dead.

No matter how much they all hated the wolves, the Cullens would never forget how Sam risked his life and almost died to protect Valeria.

That had ceased their complaining momentarily, but it started up again when Esme informed them she'd be inviting Sam over to the house. Ever the mothering and nurturing woman, she wanted to properly meet Valeria's mate. And Esme Cullen wouldn't stand for anyone being rude in her house while a guest was over, meaning that they had to stay or leave.

"The house is not empty, surprisingly," Valeria said, rolling her eyes. They were about a hundred feet away from the front door, and she was prepping Sam. "They're all in there — Bella too, for moral support."

"Or she just wants to see me thrown out a window," he muttered, earning a laugh from Valeria. "Are you sure this is okay? I'm not exactly the 'meet the family' type."

"I mean, you're wearing a shirt, so you've already gone above and beyond what they expected," she said in a teasing tone. Sam looked nice and was dressed in a black henley and jeans. Valeria placed her hands on his arms, appreciating how the fabric hugged his muscles. "You look handsome. And you have another thing going for you."

"What's that?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

Valeria smirked and kissed him on the cheek before answering. "You aren't Paul."

That got a laugh out of Sam, knowing how Emmett and Paul didn't get along. If the hothead had imprinted on Valeria, then the chances of someone getting thrown out a window would be much higher.