Rest

Finally, as autumn came around, Nikei finished his article. Junko had been held in custody for months, and when the article finally showed everyone why she was the culprit with a long history of criminal activity, she would finally be locked away or even executed.

This article also exposed the Steering Committee and the Kamukura Project as well, which Chisa, Juzo, and Kyosuke needed in order to blackmail the Steering Committee and force them to give up their power. When Nikei sent the email to Chisa, saying that he had finished the article, she told him to wait until Kyosuke had come back from overseeing the construction of the overseas campus.

Days before the practical exam, a knock at the front door had Nikei putting on his jacket, hat, and taking a printed copy of the article with him. He opened the door and saw the trio of staff waiting for him. "About time you finished that damn thing," Juzo grumpily stated.

"Hey, you can't rush perfection," Nikei snarkily replied as he defensively held the article close to his chest.

"Well, it's a good thing we finally have you on our team to help us," Chisa smiled and put her hand on Nikei's shoulder. "Thanks to you, we'll finally save Hope's Peak Academy."

"Yes, with your article, I'll finally have the power to do what must be done." Kyosuke nodded to Nikei in respect, smiling with pride. "Let's get to the car, and we'll go straight to the headmaster's office to confront them all."

Nikei immediately began walking to the car. "Setsuka's out with her girls, Mikado's gone to get groceries, so we should be able to finish this up quickly before I worry either of them," he proudly declared, stealing the shotgun seat as the others followed him into the car.

A few minutes later, the group finally arrived at the school, and Nikei was whisked out of the car and on the path to the headmaster's office. Even if Principal Kirigiri was the headmaster, they all knew now that it was in name only. The real power was in their target, the Steering Committee.

When they all finally arrived at the headmaster's office, Kyosuke knocked on the door before opening it. "Good morning, Jin. I hope today's been well so far," he coolly greeted.

"From the fact that three staff plus a student are here, it's not going to get better," the headmaster dryly replied. "Is this regarding the incident involving Kotomi Ikuta's death?"

"Not just her death, but someone else's too. I printed a copy of my article, I'm guessing that these guys want you to have a look at it," Nikei looked up at Chisa for approval, and she gave him a small smile and a nod. Without further ado, Nikei put his article on the big desk before backing into line.

Jin picked the paper up and read it over, and his expression grew more nervous as he kept reading. "How...did all of this get found out...?" he muttered, and Nikei smiled. In his opinion, powerful men like these never failed to underestimate the power of journalism, and the Steering Committee was probably no better.

"You're lucky that we've told this kid to withhold this article from the public. Who knows what will happen if they get this information," Juzo taunted with a smirk, ignoring the journalist's small whine that he was twenty now.

"...You're using his talent in order to blackmail me. But the only thing I haven't noticed is why you're doing this," the headmaster stated, putting the article back onto the desk.

"We're not trying to blackmail you specifically, we're aiming for the Steering Committee. They have the final say in everything, full power over the future of this academy," Kyosuke declared. "Please, call them down. We would like to talk to them directly."

Chisa immediately turned to Nikei and told him, "I think you'd better go back home, you'll be better protected if you don't get involved any further. Don't publish the article yet, we'll update you on everything with an email." She patted his shoulder and gently nudged him towards the door.