Rescue

Warning: kidnapping, violence

***

Nikei slowly opened his eyes and squinted at the bright light nearby. His head ached as he regained awareness, but the journalist didn't make a sound. He was slowly recalling what had happened the night before, and he knew that he was in danger here.

This wasn't the first time he had been kidnapped by a long shot, he was sometimes attacked or captured because of his job, but what he had to do was first try to negotiate his freedom and pray that they didn't plan on torturing him. But first things first, he slowly turned his head to survey the room and see what position he was in. 

Nikei seemed to be in a cold basement of some kind with stone walls, and he was on the floor against a structure pole with his hands tied behind it. That instantly gave him the feeling that he wasn't being kidnapped to get anything out of him, he would most likely be on a chair so that his captors could reach him.

As he looked more around the room, he could see that there were two men near the front of the room, both of which had guns. They seemed to be having a light conversation, so Nikei listened in to get some more information.

"I don't think that Taro's gonna come back in time," the brunette man muttered to the other. "He's trying to get ahold of his 'friends' to break out the clients, but that's gonna be in a couple days..."

"Of course, the asshat doesn't give us money to feed the guy over there, we have to do that ourselves," the taller man complained, motioning to Nikei. As the men looked over towards Nikei, they noticed that his eyes were open. "Now, he's finally up. How hard did you hit him, dude?"

"I told you, he bit me and I freaked out!" the brunette exclaimed, waving his hands around. "Just let it go, alright?!"

"Why was I brought here?" Nikei suddenly asked, his tone even and calm. "You mentioned that you had clients, who are they?"

The taller man gave a bored shrug, not caring for the conversation. "A couple people calling themselves 'Yomiuri' contacted us to catch their kid and break them out of jail. I really don't care why, I just gotta do my job."

Nikei's blood ran cold as he processed those words, putting the pieces together. His parents were planning their escape and were going after him...but for what? He didn't know, but he wasn't keen on sticking around to find out. But with his hands tied behind the structure, how could he get out?

After thinking for a moment, he suddenly remembered that he had a way to contact Setsuka and Mikado in his coat. If he could get to the pin and rub it, then it would magically send his location and emotional state to his partners. He began to struggle in his binds, though this didn't go unnoticed by his kidnappers.

"Oi, don't even bother. You won't be able to leave anyway," the brunette chided monotonously, tapping his gun in his hand as a warning.

"I'm not trying to escape, I'm trying to look for an heirloom in my coat," Nikei replied with a childlike sadness as he put on a depressed face, giving his captors. "I think I know what my parents are going to do with me, and I just wanted to get it to calm down..."

"...That's all? Eh, whatever." The brunette walked over to Nikei and knelt down to his level, looking for anything that could be considered an heirloom.

"Wait, you're actually listening to him? Literally how dumb are you? He's gonna use it to escape," the taller man scolded, storming over to them.

"Calm your tits, I already checked him for shit he could escape with. I took out that boxcutter he had and his phone, he can't use those," the brunette grumbled back, then took out the yellow star pin fastened to his vest. "This the thing you mean? It's too small and blunt to use as an escape tool. Besides, it prevents him from bitching too much."