Tragedy

Warning: mentioned death, self-harm

***

It was a sunny day, with the weather nice and warm. A few people were walking about outside, enjoying the sunshine together while it lasted. Mikado checked the temperature out of curiosity, and he found that it was going to be pleasantly warm all day.

With that in mind, he went to his lovers in the living room and laid down on top of Setsuka's legs, effectively trapping her as she read another mystery novel. Setsuka lowered her book and began to rub the wizard's head, and Nikei laughed as he typed an article from another chair.

"The weather is lovely outside. Might I suggest that we go somewhere today?" Mikado asked, looking up at his girlfriend and attempting to make puppy eyes at her. "It'll be warm all day, we should go to the beach!"

"Hm, I think that's a good idea, my little soleil. We should head there and play around a little!" Setsuka agreed. She gave Mikado a small kiss on the forehead and giggled as the blonde let out a small squeak from the touch and the nickname.

"The beach? Don't we have things to do today?" Nikei questioned, not bothering to look up from his laptop. "After I'm finished this article, I have to do the dishes while you guys do the chores you chose too. That's part of the agreement we decided on, remember?"

Setsuka let out a giggle as she gently nudged Mikado off her legs and stood up. "What if I told you there's a scoop on the beach, Nik?" she teased, walking behind the couch.

Nikei shook his head with a small grumble. "You're just planning to goof off and play, I won't fall for it," was his dismissive reply.

"Aw, come on, don't you trust this older sister?" the detective teased as she passed by Nikei, ruffling his hair as she did. "Here, I'll even pick out your swimsuit for you!"

"No, wait, don't make that kind of decision on your own!" Nikei exclaimed, looking up from his laptop, but Setsuka had already slipped up the stairs and into their bedroom.

While Nikei was distracted, Mikado quietly slipped beside him with a grin on his mask. "You know, I'm pretty sure that our dear Setsuka has bought a new swimsuit recently," he mentioned.

"What the hell? Don't surprise me like that, jeez," Nikei muttered. "Besides, why would I care?"

"Oh, I just thought you might want to see it in action, that's all," the wizard coyly drawled, sauntering towards the stairs. "It doesn't hurt to be a little curious, yes?"

"...I'll think about it," Nikei muttered, his mind beginning to race as he turned back to his laptop.

***

"You lied to me," Nikei grumbled to Mikado at the beach. When they had arrived there, all three of them had changed into swimsuits. Contrary to what Mikado had lured Nikei with, Setsuka was not wearing a new swimsuit.

"Well, it piqued your curiosity and served its purpose, did it not?" the wizard joked, chuckling slightly as Nikei lightly punched him in the arm. As for Mikado, he ended up surprising both the journalist and the detective by not wearing his mask to the beach.

"You guys talk too much!" Setsuka laughed as she headed down towards the water. "Come on, we came here to swim, remember?"

"That is indeed correct," Mikado replied, grabbing Nikei's hand and suddenly pulling him towards the shoreline. Nikei let out a small grunt of displeasure from suddenly being pulled, but once he looked up and saw Mikado looking back at checking on him with a smile, Nikei felt his face heat up and looked away with a glare.