Holding Hands

"My god, this thing is heavy!" Mikado groaned as he and Setsuka began to get the small rowboat they brought off the trailer and onto the soft ground near the lake. "Why did I think that this would be a good idea...?"

"It's alright, Kado, just make sure to not drop it on yourself," the billiards player warned. Together, the two of them brought the boat off the trailer and began to push it towards the lakeshore.

Nikei walked beside them, knowing fully well that his lack of strength made it impossible for him to be of any help. "You know, I could've brought the car closer to the lake," he unhelpfully pointed out. He was ignored by his lovers until they finally got the rowboat into the water.

"Alright, that's finally done!" Setsuka happily let out a sigh of relief. "Last thing we have to do is get in this thing and row ourselves out into the open water!"

"Okay, but who's going to be rowing? This thing is pretty small, it doesn't look like a two-person job," Nikei remarked, silently praying that they wouldn't make him do it.

"Ah, I suppose that'll be my job. I'm not particularly strong, but I can try," Mikado agreed, getting into the boat first. The journalist got in next and offered his help in setting up the oars, and Setsuka got in last and took a seat while catching her breath. Setsuka had practically done the most in dragging the boat, plus driving them there, so the men figured that she needed a break.

After a couple minutes of confusion, Mikado figured out how the oars worked and began to row them out onto the lake. The full moon was high in the sky on a peaceful spring night, and the moonlight reflecting on the water lit up the surrounding area. The water of the lake was only disturbed by the paddling from the rowboat.

When they reached the centre of the lake, Mikado stopped paddling and took a few deep breaths. "My arms are tired..." he whined. "I didn't know that rowing was this hard..."

"Well, at least you're exercising your arms, right?" Setsuka chuckled. "But honestly, this was a good idea. A boat ride under the moonlight is pretty romantic, don't you think?"

"I'll be honest with you, it took two energy drinks for me to stay awake in the car," Nikei bluntly replied, leaning on the side of the boat. "I'll be surprised if I don't fall asleep here."

"Aw, do we need to keep our little reporter entertained to avoid that?" Setsuka teased, moving closer to him with a mischievous smile on her face. "I wonder, I wonder..."

"Pfft, isn't it quite romantic to be next to your precious ones on a moonlight excursion? Or do you need encouragement to do anything? 'Sha-la-la-la-la-la, my oh my! Look like the boy too shy; ain't gonna kiss the girl!'" He teasingly sang.

"I regret letting you ever watch Disney princess movies!" Nikei exclaimed, trying to back away from Setsuka with a heavy coat of red dusting his face. As the billiards player climbed on his lap with a happy smile, the journalist kept trying to flee her in a tired manner, which ended up rocking the boat.

"Ah, guys? We should really stop moving in the boat so much- Oh dear..." Mikado fretted about the stability of the boat, trying to balance the boat with his weight so they didn't tip the small rowboat in their playing.

While Mikado tried to keep the balance of the boat, he also set the oars up and clumsily tried to row back to a shallower area. However, with Mikado's lack of experience with rowing, him having to multitask balancing, and Nikei and Setsuka playing in a flustered manner, all this succeeded in doing was tipping the boat over in the shallow area.

The three of them were able to resurface easily, drenched and alarmed yet amused. "Haha, whoops. Sorry, Kado," Setsuka chuckled sheepishly.

"Ugh, more wet clothes. At least I don't have my notepad on right now," Nikei sighed, taking a stray piece of lake plant out of his hair. "I'm definitely going to need a shower when we get home."