10. Loki the Librarian

Today, you decide to explore the tower some more. It's gigantic and you've really only spent your time in your room or in the living room. There's so much you haven't even seen yet.

You go to a couple different floors, some have science labs, or machining rooms, you find a couple training rooms as well. The most interesting floor you find is a library.

You look through the shelves, finding classics like Two Gentlemen in Verona and more niche books about things like theoretical science.

After about 20 minutes in the library you turn to leave but the sound of a book closing makes you stay. You look up and down the shelves for the person, and eventually your eyes fall onto Loki sitting in a chair with a book in his lap.

"Loki?" you whisper.

"Hmm? Y/n? Why are you whispering?" Loki asks, looking up from his book.

"Because we're in a library?"

"You do realize that this isn't a public library, you can be as loud as you like," he chuckles.

"Oh yeah. I forgot," you say normally, scratching the back of your head in embarrassment.

Loki changes the subject. "So, I see you've found the library."

"Yeah, I was just exploring the tower and I found it. It's huge," you reply.

Loki looks around at the shelves before looking back at you. "I actually helped Stark acquire most of these books. He didn't have many, and when I read all of them I requested for more. Stark agreed because he thought it would help 'keep me out of trouble'."

"Does that mean you've read most of the books here?" you ask. There were hundreds, if not thousands of books on the shelves.

He nods. "There is a shelf that's filled with books I haven't read yet."

You look at the book in his hands, he's now closed it and put a bookmark in it. "What about the book you're reading now? What is it?"

"Oh, it's called 'A Study in Scarlet'. Have you read it?" Loki answers.

"Yes! I love that book! I'm a big Sherlock Holmes fan," you say.

"Really? I think it's a bit bland. The characters seem a bit flat, and the book kind of drones on," Loki replies, frowning.

"I can see that, I like the characters and the stories more than I like the writing. The writing does get better with the other books," you shrug.

"How about... 'A Midsummer's Night Dream'? Have you read that one?"

"Shakespeare? I think so, I definitely read 'Romeo and Juliet' in High School," you say.

"You should read it sometime, it's interesting. Like most of Shakespeare's works, it's well written."

"I'll take your recommendation," you smile. "So you're a Shakespeare fan?"

"Yes, I've read all of his works a few times each," Loki answers, blushing a little.

"Nerddd," you joke.

Loki chuckles, "I can show you where 'A Midsummer's Night Dream' is if you'd like to read it?"

"Sure," you smile.

Loki stands up and sets the book on his chair, he walks past you and you follow him. He walks past a few shelves before stopping at one and starts scanning the shelves. Loki plucks a book out and hands it to you. "Here. Feel free to ask me for any other books, I have plenty," he smiles.

"Thank you, I'll let you know how I like it," you say, smiling at him as well. "Well, I'll leave you to your book, see you at dinner."

He nods. "See you at dinner."

You turn and leave the library, Loki stands there and watches you before he sighs and turns back to go to his chair.

-

a/n: no one:
owen wilson: hmm if i were to be in a shakespeare play i would want to be in two gentlemen of verona