Chapter 3

We are sitting on the floor, breathless, I'm sitting on Dick's lap and he has his arms around me, "I should be heading back" I say as I get dressed, "yeah." Dick says getting dressed, "I'll be back tomorrow!" I say walking over to him to give him a hug, "I love you" I say looking up at him, "I love you too" he says kissing my head, "I best be off, see you tomorrow, and we can meet here!" I say heading out the door, "bye darling!" Dick shouts as I walk out. When I arrive at home I see my mum and dad waiting for me again, "hi mum! Hi dad!" they look at me, "some of you fathers money has gone missing..." my mum says sounding disappointed, "oh gosh! Really? Do you know who did it?" I ask knowing I took the money, "no we don't..." my dad says trying not to cry, "I'm so sorry! I wish I knew who took it, I would give them a piece of my mind!" I say trying not to sound guilty, "I love you mum and dad" I say as I go to bed, "we love you too darling!" my mum says, I fall asleep. The next morning I wake up even earlier than the morning before, I run to mine and Dick's house, when I arrive I see Dick sitting on the floor eating some bread, "morning darling! You're here early!" Dick says giving me a hug and handing me a piece of bread, "I know... I wanted to ask if we had £50 left? My dad noticed that I took it and he's quite upset..." I explain, "you do know how I got the money right?" Dick chuckles, "yes! but I need £50!" I say, "how about you try..." Dick suggests, "try... what? Stealing? Being a highway-woman?" I say, "if you want to? I'll show you the ropes!" Dick says happily, "oh... um... ok then! I suppose I could give it a try!" I say nervously, "I think you should do it early in the morning, that way no-one should recognise you, here put this on." Dick says handing me a scarf, "thank you..." I say, still nervous, "here take my pistol" he says as he hands me the pistol, "thanks... do I go now?" I ask cluelessly, "yes... go" Dick says laughing and pushing me out the door "oh ok!" I climb on my horse and run down the road until I find a posh woman walking alone, I climb off my horse, "stand and deliver your money or your life!!" I shout as I point the gun towards her, she screams and gives me all her money then runs away, I put all the money in my pocket, I turn in the direction she ran "thank you!!" I shout as she runs away screaming, I climb back on my horse and head back to house. Soon I arrive back at home and Dick is waiting for me, "so how much did you get?" he says as he hugs me, "I got £200 and some jewellery, but £50 has got to go to my dad!" I say, Dick smiles at me and says "not too bad for your first robbery, proud of you darling." He says as he kisses my head. "I better get back before my parents wake up!" I say heading out the door, "ok love! Are you coming back after?" Dick quickly asks, "yep ill be back as soon as I can!!" I say as I run towards my house. I soon arrive back at home, luckily my mum and dad are still asleep, I creep in and put the money back where it should be and run back to bed. After a while mum comes in to wake us up, "Y/N! Wake up! It's a miracle! Your father's money is back! It's the £50! I knew he had just misplaced it!" She giggles, "goodness mum!! Thats brilliant!" I say half asleep, "we have enough to get us by for a month now! You don't have to go out everyday to search for Dick Turpin! We have enough money!!" Mum says excitedly, my heart drops, "no mum it's fine! I still want to look just think about the £200!" I say trying to bargain with her, "darling it's fine you don't have to!!" I look around the room trying to think of a response, "please... let me go find him, I'll find him! I promise, and just think £200 to add to the money we already have!!" I say quickly, my mum looks at me and snaps at me, "no Y/N! I don't want you going out there to find one of the most dangerous men in York!!" I look at her "Well i'm going!!! I don't care what you say, ill be an adult soon anyway I can make my own choices" I say getting up. "I'm going!" I say as I slam the door behind me, I run to my house almost in tears, when I get to out house Dick is waiting for me, as soon as I see him I burst into tears. "Darling? Whats wrong?" Dick says as I fall into his arms, "mother doesn't want me to look for you anymore!" I say sobbing, "she said its unsafe and she doesn't want to looking for the most dangerous man in York! But she doesn't know you like I do!" I cry, he holds me in his arms, "don't cry darling" he kisses my head, "you could always... move in here?..." He suggests, "Dick... you know I can't, mother won't let me!" I say looking into his eyes, "I know. But I don't want you being upset darling" he says still hugging me "I think you should go back and talk to your mother. Obviously don't tell her about us..." Dick says softly, "I might just stay here for a bit longer, because if I go back, she won't let me go out again for a while..." I think for a minute, "that's it!!!" I shout, "what's it?!" Dick shouts back, "I'll go back and she'll lock me in my room!..." I say excitedly, "yeahhh... and?..." Dick says confused, "I'll sneak out the window!!!!" I say happily, Dick looks at me and laughs "that sounds like a plan!" He laughs. "I love you, I'll be back!!" I say leaving the house.