Chapter 4

-a few weeks later...-
It's been a few weeks since I first met Dick Turpin, and a few days since mother said I couldn't go out to look for him anymore, since that day I have been sneaking out of my room through the window when my mum and dad are asleep then coming back just before they wake up. Recently I haven't been feeling well, Dick has been looking after me whenever I see him! Today I'm feeling particularly ill, my mother calls for a doctor, the doctor arrives and does a few weird tests, my mother leaves the room while he does the tests, "how old are you?" The doctor asks strong and seriously, I look at him for a few seconds, "17... why?" He thinks to himself, "you might be pregnant..." he says quietly "WHAT?!?!" I shout, mother hears me shout and she runs into the room, "what's going on?!" She asks as the door swings open, I don't say anything, "she's pregnant..." the doctor says quietly, "WHAT?!?!" Mum screams, she gives me a sort of death stare "get out of my house... go find the father and get him to sort you out, your an utter disgrace, you foolish bitch!" Mum says angrily, "mother I'm sorry." I try and put my hand on her shoulder "GET OUT!!!!" She screams. I get up I try to hold in my tears as I walk to my house, when I arrive my tears just disappear I now feel angry at mother for kicking me out! When I walk in the door Dick is sitting on the chair "hey sweetheart I wasn't expecting you till later!" He says walking over to me, "that woman!" I say slamming the door behind me, Dick looks at me "is everything alright love?" He asks "she's kicked me out!!!" I try to explain without going into too much detail, "why would she do that?" He asks "because I'm... I'm..." I stutter "your... what?" Dick asks curiously, "I'm pregnant Dick..." I say quietly, he looks at me in shock, "I- I- I don't know what to say..." he says "I'm not exactly thrilled either!" I say, he looks at me "who said I'm not thrilled?! I mean a child?! Not ideal, but still a blessing!" He explains, "what? I thought you would throw me out too..." I say, he walks over to me and hugs me and gives me a kiss, "I would never do such a thing to you." He says while hugging me, "why are you so happy anyway?" I ask, "because I want a child with you! I love you so much!" I smile "I love you too..." I say still smiling. After hugging for a while we sit next to each other and talk for a bit, "so what are we going to do? You know now we have a baby on the way?" Dick asks as he wraps his arm around me, "I don't know! I'll obviously have to stay here, how are we going to survive? Mum was giving me pocket money for going out to find you!" I say as I hold onto his hand, "well I am a highway man! I can get us easy money!" he chuckles, "I know you can get money, but I'm not a highway-woman!" I laugh at him, he looks at me with a grin, "well you don't exactly have many options darling! You're 17 years old, I don't think anyone would hire you!" He says trying to sound polite, "I suppose you're right..." I say, "well I was just about to head out, so we can go together now!" Dick says enthusiastically, "ok!!" I say as I grab my jacket, and put the scarf over my nose and mouth, I head out the door, I climb on my horse and Dick gets on his, we ride down the street until we come across a group of rich Georgians, we climb off our horses "stand and deliver your money or your life!!!" Dick shouts, I point my pistol towards them as did Dick, the group throw their money on the ground and the women throw their jewellery on the ground we pick it up quickly and get back on our horses, then we hear a man shout "OI! LOOK OVER THERE! IT'S HIM!!! IT'S DICK TURPIN!!!!" he runs towards us "quick! Go go go!!" Dick says as we both speed off on our horses. Soon we arrive back at home, we climb off our horses and run inside the house, I quickly take my coat off and my scarf off, then we hear a knock on the door, I tell Dick to hide and I slowly open it, it's a police officer, "good morning ma'am!" I look at him with a smile "good morning officer! How can I help you?" I say trying not to sound guilty, "yes ma'am! We got word of a person seeing Dick Turpin you wouldn't of happened to have seen him run past here?" He asks curiously, "oh gosh! No I haven't seen him! I heard a horse run past but I didn't see if it was him! Sorry about that..." I say quickly, "it's fine ma'am just remember there is a reward..." The officer says trying to get an answer out of me, "nope! Definitely haven't seen him!" I say chuckling, "well... ok..." the officer says walking away, "goodbye officer!" I say as i wave and shut the door, "holy fuck that was close..." I say helping Dick out of the cupboard, "you know, your extremely sexy when your scared." Dick chuckles getting closer to me, "me? I'm not scared babe!" I say confidently, "you are so scared darling, I can tell." He says looking into my eyes , "ok, maybe I am a bit scared!" I say giggling, "I knew it!" He says laughing at me as he pulls me in for a hug, I giggle and I stay in his arms for what feels like forever, I don't want him to let me go. We hug for a bit longer then Dick asks, "are you hungry?" I smile while still in his arms, "yes, very!" I giggle, Dick chuckles at me and feels my stomach, "oh my god... there's a baby in there! My baby!... it is my baby right?..." Dick asks, "of course it is!" I reply with a smile "do you think I would ever cheat on you?" I ask sarcastically, "oooo i honestly don't know! You're definitely full of surpises!" He says laughing, "right ill be back in a second! Im just going to get some dinner for us! I love you Y/N..."