Chapter 6

-A FEW WEEKS LATER-
Today is Charlies birthday, he's officially one year old, we wanted to take him to see my mum today, but I don't think she would want to see him, would she? She might like to see him, but not me? Maybe... "hey babe.." I say to Dick as I feed Charlie, "what's up?" He says looking up at me, "I'm going to take Charlie to mums today, I won't be there with him, we can do something together today!" I say happily, "sure I don't mind!" Dick says enthusiastically.
After a while I put Charlie in his pram and take him down to mums house, when I arrive I knock of the wall, they haven't fixed the door from the last time I came to visit, mum opens the door, "what do you want?" She asks, "I want you to look after Charlie for me, Dick and I need to do something. It's his birthday." I say handing her Charlie, "fine I'll look after him but just know I don't support you and that criminal..." just as she says that Dick comes walking up behind me, "bit harsh but understandable." Dick says, "you... you're... you're a... a...-" she stutters, "an absolutely fit Highway man who could shoot you but is choosing not to... yeah I am." Dick says with a smug grin, I hold in a laugh, he kisses my cheek, "you ready to go then darling?" He asks as he puts his arm around me, "yep! He needs to be fed in about and hour! I'll be back to collect him later." I say walking away from the house. Dick came on his horse, "I thought it would be quicker to get back!" Dick says as he climbs on the horse, "yes! It will definitely be quicker!" I say as he helps me on the horse, "We aren't going home just yet!" Dick says as we ride into the forest, we ride for a bit longer when we reach the shelter where we first met, "what are we doing here?" I ask confused, Dick stops the horse and climbs off, he helps me off too, "Y/N... I love you so much... if I could give you the moon I would! And I want to spend the rest of my life with you! So... Miss Y/N Y/LN..." he gets down on one knee, "will you marry me?..." he pulls out a gold ring with a huge diamond, "oh my goodness, it's absolutely beautiful! Yes! Yes! I will marry you!" He stands up and puts the ring on and kisses me, "Dick... I have something to tell you..." I say, "what is it my love?" He asks while holding my hands, "I'm pregnant.." I say quietly, "oh my goodness!!! That's amazing!!" He says happily as he spins me round, we kiss, for what seems like forever!
We climb back on the horse and ride back to our house. We talk and laugh for a while, after a while Dick looks at a pocket watch he stole a few years ago, "shouldn't you be getting Charlie?" He says confused, "oh shit yeah!! I completely forgot!" We laugh together for a minute, we both get up, "I'll come with you!" Dick says as I head out the door, "are you sure it's safe?" I ask, "yeah! Should be fine!!" He says as we walk out the house, we quickly arrive at mums house and I knock on the wall, mum comes to the door, "hi mum, how has he been?" I say taking Charlie away from her, "he's been great!" Mum looks at my finger, "is that a ring?" She asks, "yes! He proposed earlier!" I say showing her the ring, "it's gorgeous, I don't support this but congratulations..." she says smiling, just as she says that Dick walks over to me, "Oi you!" Mum shouts at Dick jokingly, "look after my daughter and my grand baby!!" She says still joking, we laugh together, "don't worry, I will!" We continue to chat and laugh for a bit then Charlie yawns, "we'll we better get him home!" I say putting Charlie in his pram, "alright loves! See you soon" mum says waving at us as we walk away.
We start to walk to our house, we are talking and laughing together, "LOOK! ITS DICK TURPIN!!" Shouts a man, "HE'S MINE!!" Shouts another man as they run towards us, in that moment everything seems to slow down, I don't know what to do, Dick looks terrified. Everyone runs over to us, and Charlie starts crying and a group of people grab hold of Dick, then things suddenly go back to normal, I see Dick get dragged away, I run back to my mums, and quickly knock on the wall, "Mum!!! Charlie's here! I have to go!!!" I shout, "is everything alright love?!" She shouts as I run away, "no!! Dicks been captured!!!" I say holding back my tears, I run towards the group of people and grab Dicks hand, "Y/N!!" I hear Dick shout as he gets dragged away, I pull Dick as hard as I can, but it's no use, the group are really strong and I get pulled in with him, I hold on to him, "Dick I'm scared" I say quietly, "I know baby, I am too.." Dick says sounding terrified. We get dragged all the way to a castle, the group of people go into a different room and we get taken to a cell, I put my head in my hands and Dick comes over and hugs me, "it's alright love, we will be fine..." he says kissing my head, "we might be, but what about Charlie, he hasn't got any of his bottles or his milk, or even his crib! And he loves that crib!" I say sobbing, after a while we see a few guards walk down the stairs with the king, "ah! So! We've finally got him then!" The king says, "your highness..." Dick says walking up to the cell bars, "this better be good Turpin, you and this woman will be dying soon." The king says glaring at me, "no! Your highness, let my fiancé go! She's pregnant you can't kill her. Kill me but not her." I smile at Dick as a tear rolls down my cheek, "and we have a son, she needs to look after him! She hasn't done anything wrong your highness, just... let her go... please..." Dick pleads, the king looks at me again, "well we can't really kill her if she hasn't done anything, but you will be under close observation... guards let her out." The king shouts, I walk into Dicks arms and burst into tears, "I love you... always and forever..." I hear Dick sniffle, "I love you... Tell Charlie I love him... I'll see you on the other side my love..." Dick says as he gives me a kiss. I pull away from him, because I fear if im near him for much longer i will have an emotional breakdown. I walk out of the cell and Dick waves goodbye, "So... Y/N... you're free, look after your son and your new baby, good luck..." The king says as he walks back up the stairs with me. "Your highness... thank you for letting me go... will I be allowed to come and visit Dick before he's executed? I want to bring Charlie to say goodbye..." I ask fiddling with my thumbs, "of course! I may not like Dick Turpin but I would never kill someone before their loved ones have said goodbye." The king says quickly, "now you best be off, look after Charlie." He smiles as he leaves. I walk back to my mums with my head down, I want to hold in my tears but the just seem to fall from my eyes. Soon I get back to my mums, I walk in and slump myself in a chair, all I can think to do is cry, what if Charlie asks about Dick when he's older? How can I tell him that his daddy was a bad man and that he got into a lot of trouble?.. when I love him too much... mum walks into the room and hugs me, I cry into her shoulder, "he's going mum..." I say quietly, "I know love... it was all in the newspaper that he had been captured and that he was going to be executed soon... I'm so sorry love..." mum says holding me close to her, "I have to take Charlie to see Dick before he goes..." I say looking around, "where is Charlie?" I ask as I start to get up to look for him, "don't worry love he is in my room fast asleep!" Mum says holding me back, "I need to see my baby..." I say running into my mums bedroom, I see Charlie laying on their bed surrounded by blankets, I pick him up and hug him tightly, luckily he doesn't wake up, I kiss his head "I love you baby... always and forever..."