Chapter 7

!(A lil bit of a trigger warning, there is a few sentences about hanging and death towards the end of the chapter, if you don't like that sort of stuff feel free to skip over that part in the chapter! Or just skip the whole chapter if you would prefer :))!

-a few days later...-

Dick is still alive, I can't bring myself to take Charlie to say goodbye yet, I keep going to visit on my own... I can't even go back to my house because of the memories... I saw the king again yesterday after my visit to see Dick, he said that they would have to execute him soon, and he would hate it if Charlie didn't get to say goodbye before he goes. So today might be the day I pull myself together and take Charlie to see his daddy for the last time... "you alright love?" Mum asks, "yeah I'm fine... I think I'm going to take him to say goodbye today..." I say as I feed Charlie, "ok love... would you like me to come with you?" Mum asks as she holds my hand, "I don't mind mum... if you want to come, you can." I say trying to give her a smile. "Alright love..." she says smiling at me.

Soon after I get dressed I put Charlie in his pram and take him to the castle, mum ends up not coming with me, she said that there was no one to look after my younger siblings, that's fine... after a while of walking I finally arrive at the castle, I get escorted down to Dicks prison cell, the guard opens the door, I walk in with Charlie, Dick smiles at me, "hello buddy!" He says as he takes Charlie from me, he hugs him tightly and a tear falls from his cheek and onto Charlies cheek, I can't help but look at them and cry, I stand up and hug them both, after hugging for a while Charlie needs his nap, so I start to take him away from Dick, "I love you Mr Charlie Turpin... I'll see you again soon..." Dick says giving him a kiss on the head, I take Charlie away and put him in his pram, I hug Dick for what feels like eternity, "I love you..." I say, "...always and forever..." Dick says, I smile at him, he bends down and looks at my baby bump, "I know I never got to meet you, but your going to be special, I just know it, you need to make sure mummy is ok... could you do that for me?" He asks, I smile at him as I cry... the guard comes to the door, "times up I'm afraid..." he says looking at the floor. "See you in another life my loves..." Dick says crying, I start to walk out, I look over my shoulder and see Dick smiling through the tears, he blows me a kiss and I blow one back... I push the pram out of the cell, and I start to walk away, as I'm walking away I see the king, "Charlie has said goodbye..." I say looking at the floor, "good... tomorrow, Dick Turpin will be hung..." the king says, "ok..." I say holding back my tears, "I must go, Charlie needs to be fed..." I say as I walk away.
I start walking back to mums house, when I arrive back she is waiting for me, "everything alright love?" She asks, "he's going tomorrow... I want to go watch, I need to say my final goodbyes..." I say, "ok love, I'll look after Charlie, a public execution isn't the best place for a baby!" She giggles, "thanks mum... I'm going to have to go back to the house eventually, because Charlie will run out of clothes soon!" I say as I feed Charlie, "you do what you think is best for you! If you think you should move back into your house you should buy if you want to sell it and move back here that's fine by me!" Mum says happily, "thanks mum, but how will we all live here! There's me, you, dad, Elsie, Eddie, Charlie and my new baby! We can't possibly all live here!" I say as I put Charlie down for a nap, "don't worry love we will find a way round it!" Mum says enthusiastically, "thanks mum..." I say as I smile and hug her.
The next morning I wake up early to get ready, "well... today's the day..." I say to myself, I quickly get ready, I look at myself in my mirror, I let out a big sigh, I walk into mums room, "mum I'm going to go see Dick, I might walk with him when he goes to get... you know... killed..." I say just heading out the door, "alright love... good luck... I love you." Mum says with a smile, "love you too mum!" I say as I close the door quietly. I walk to the castle, I'm escorted to the cell, Dick sees me and his eyes light up, "hello my love!!!" He says excitedly as he gets up to hug me, we hug and he kisses me, "I love you! My bed has been so empty!" We giggle together, for a while and then a guard comes down and says, "it's time..." we both leave the cell hand in hand, I look at him and smile faintly, he looks really nervous, I mean wouldn't you be in this situation? "here we are" the guard says as we arrive to the town centre, people are crowding round, I grab onto his arm nervously. We are told to stop and wait, the guards tell us to say our last good byes, "Dick... I love you..." I say hugging him, "I love you too my darling and i'm sorry we never got to get married... but when you leave today I want you to always wear the ring in my memory... look after Charlie for me, keep my new baby safe... I'll love you..." Dick says, "...always... and... forever..." I say as we kiss for the last time, a guard comes over to Dick, "we're ready for you" the guard says as Dick walks away, I start to cry, Dick stands on the gallows over the trap door, he carefully puts his head into the noose, he quickly looks at me and smiles as a tear rolls down his cheek, the trap door opens, everyone cheers... Dick Turpin was dead...

I walked back to my mums house on the way there I took off my ring and saw that there was writing inside, 'I'll love you always and forever...' I sobbed... the tears just wouldnt stop. I sat outside my mums house and the tears just wouldn't stop... my future husband was dead... the father of my children was dead... I loved him... we loved each other...