fourteen

"Gulf?" Mew called, he was sure that Gulf was just somewhere around the house. "Gulf, I'm here." Mew sighed as he took a glance at his watch, it was already 12 in the midnight. He knows that Gulf was just around the corner, there's no way that he'll go out in the middle of the night. "Alright, I'm sorry I was late, I just got very busy today as usual." He shouted, but still he couldn't hear any response from Gulf. "Gulf, please."

"He's wasting my time..." Mew sighed, Gulf today was so 'stubborn' that he wouldn't even come to talk to Mew. "Gulf?" He called once again, and still, there's no response. That made Mew's patience turn to zero. He was about to exit the house when he heard a faint sob somewhere, he's not sure if he heard it right but it really sounds like Gulf crying and it came from his room. "Gulf? Is that you?" He took a few steps on the stairs, the voice became clearer as he got nearer to his room, that made him extremely worried. "Gulf, I-" He knocked at the slightly opened door, about to ask Gulf if he's okay. "Gulf, you okay?" Gulf was really there, sitting on the cold hard floor, and blankly stared at the air. His eyes are red due to minutes of crying, Mew can tell that he's struggling to breathe. "Talk to me, what happened?" Still, he got no answer. "Gulf, please. I'm getting worried, stop wasting my time!" Gulf didn't moved a small single muscle, making Mew sigh in annoyance. "God, you're being too dramatic today."

"T-Too dramatic?!" Mew stopped his steps when he heard Gulf finally speak. "Just because I showed my true emotions right now?! I'm being too dramatic?! Just leave me alone if you don't have anything good to say!" Gulf's patience got filled up, he finally opened the door widely, showing Mew how angry he was. "My mom died! There! You happy?!"

"You should've told me what's bothering you right away-"

"You think it's easy?! To just tell anyone what's bothering you without asking yourself if you're bothering them?! Because me... I find it hard!" Mew remained silent. "I'm still waiting for someone to notice my suffering just like how I notice theirs. Do you know how many times I've attempted to take my own life even after a very happy day?! Mew I-" Mew still didn't have Gulf any response, he kept listening. "I need someone to understand me too! I've been keeping this sadness, this frustration, this anger for years! Mew just like you, I need comfort too!" Gulf began to sob mercilessly, his hand were on his chest since it's been aching for minutes. Mew couldn't move, he wants to get closer to him but he also thought that what if Gulf will push him away, and it'll result to a very huge fight.

"Leave me alone please? I wanna be on my own right now..." Gulf looked away from Mew, he couldn't do anything, and the half of his mind is also telling him not to deal with Gulf's 'dramatic' time right now since he's busy as always. He left Gulf without any hesitation, he didn't even closed the door for him.

He just left.

That behavior of Gulf has him thinking, that why and how he didn't noticed the signs. Didn't he really noticed it? Or was he just selfish?

"Oh God... Now I'm worried about him... Nevermind, he'll be okay. I'll message him later." Mew continued to drive. He slowly felt regret in his heart, he began to regret leaving Gulf at his house. "I really hope that Gulf did nothing stupid to himself." He then sighed. He's now looking for ways on how to make it up to Gulf again. How stupid of him, he haven't seen Gulf's signs that he also had.

Gulf was still staring blankly at the air, he didn't moved a single muscle ever since Mew left the house. He felt really weak, his mother's sudden death, and Mew being mad at him for no reason. "Damn... This is all my fault. I should've told him right away, why am I overreacting again?"

Invalidating your own feelings again aren't you?

"Mom... You're all that I have, why did you left me all of a sudden?" Gulf then again let out a sob, he then began to punch his own head, pulled his hair and many more as long at it'll cause him physical pain. He became slightly insane, Mew being a 'blind' human being made it worse. Gulf was sure that he saw his cuts on his wrist, he unfolded his sleeve to make some fresh ones, but still he was thinking that he didn't cared at all.

Does Mew really love him?

"GOD! JUST LET ME REST ALREADY!" He screamed, putting his hand on his chest, the tears are mercilessly escaping from his eyes, making them roll through his face like a waterfall. "W-Why? Why me?"

He opened his eyes when he saw a notification popping up on his phone screen, it was a message from Kaownah. Nice, Kaownah is always to the rescue even though he knows nothing about what Gulf was feeling. Blessing in disguise?

Kaownah

Hey Gulf, are you free tomorrow?

11:13 pm

Gulf began to overthink again, seeing these kind of messages kinda traumatized him due to her mother's death, and Mew leaving him almost suffocating by his own tears.

What if he'll leave me? What if he doesn't want to be friends with me anymore? I don't want that! I don't want that! I can't afford to lose another one again!

Gulf
Yeah, I'm free tomorrow.

11:13 pm

Seconds later, he heard his phone rang again, Kaownah was really fast when it comes to replying.

Kaownah

Cool. I really just want to
tell you something important.

11:14 pm

"What does he mean?"

Gulf

Okay, 10 am? At the *idk what to name it lol* cafe?

11:14 pm

Gulf then wiped his own tears, he finally calmed down a little bit.

Kaownah

Okay, goodnight Gulf!

11:14 pm

"Kaownah seems so serious about this 'meeting'"

Gulf

Goodnight Kaownah

11:14 pm

---

Hi y'all! Sorry for the long wait, I've been very busy rn with my school works. We just started last week and guess what, I feel like I wanna burn my school down LMFAOOO JK JK.

And I just finished watching Dr. Stone while waiting for Xuxi to update, and I discovered a new ship jdjwjdj it's SenGen! Yeah I know I'm weird lmao. Looking for a good SenGen fanfic here is a real struggle lmao but luckily, I found some.

Stay safe and hydrated y'all! Don't stress yourself too much💚