five

A few hours have passed, Gulf stood up, ready to go home, and of course he told Mew about it.

"Mew, I'm going home. It's getting late." Gulf gave Mew a warm smile, he  was just staring at Gulf, with sad eyes. "You're not going home?"

"Umm, do you want me to walk you home? Or I'll give you a ride?"

"If you're not busy, then you can walk me home." Gulf smiled, waiting for Mew to stand up.

In the middle of their walk, Gulf's hand suddenly took a grip on Mew's arm, it's his habit. It made Mew surprised at first, but he just shrugged it off after. "Gulf, how to be happy like you?" Gulf laughed at Mew's question, it's cute. "Self love, Mew,  you should love yourself first before you can love anyone else. Because you will treat that someone the same way you're treating yourself."

"Oh..." That was the only word Mew could say, then the two went silent again, listening to the crickets chirping, and feeling the cold air crawling on their skin. "How can I--"

"How can you love yourself if everyone will judge you and bring you down? Am I right?" Gulf smiled at the shocked Mew, did he just read the mind of the other? "H-How did you know?"

"Those were the questions that I encounter mostly from the people like you." Gulf chuckled, making Mew nod. "Don't mind their words Mew, it's your life not theirs. Your life doesn't depend on them and their expectations, it depends on you, only you."

"T-Thank you.... And you can read minds?" Gulf shook his head and laughed at Mew's hilarious question, and Mew, he was just pouting at the way Gulf laugh, he was upset and admiring Gulf at the same time. "No, that's so silly!" Gulf slightly punched Mew's arm, his lips forming a wide gummy smile, making Mew admire him even deeper. "Well, I'm home. Thanks Mew." Gulf stopped at the small gate, the house is simple, but it's so beautiful and comfortable to live in. "Oh, that's a short walk."

"If you want to then you can stay here for a while." Mew shook his head, he's shy, of course he will, they just met and what if Gulf is busy. "No thanks, maybe you're busy."

"Hmm, okay, if you say so. Be careful on going home Mew." Gulf was waiting for Mew to turn away and walk, and as he did it, he noticed Mew's wounds. "Wait, let me see your wounds." He walked closer to Mew, grabbed his arm with a 'tsk' sound, then, he looked at the expressionless Mew. "This is really deep, you shouldn't have did that, you even have a smooth skin and you're just going to make it rough like that." Mew looked down, feeling sorry for everything he had done to himself, but that doesn't mean that he's totally okay now because of Gulf, it's not easy. "I-I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize to me, apologize to yourself. Next time, don't do that again, you have no right to do such stupid things to yourself." Mew slightly nodded, not making an eye contact with Gulf, even just a second. "Hey, cheer up cutie pie." Gulf pinched Mew's cheeks, making him smile, a smile that is enough to make Gulf sure that he's okay now. "Thank you Gulf."

"You're always welcome Mew, if you need me, I'm always available." Gulf patted Mew's back before he turned away from Mew, smile was plastered on his lips, and so was Mew's.

Mew was now left alone outside, feeling sad again. Not because Gulf left him, but because of the words people told him, guess Gulf's words are not enough to shoo those negativity away.

Mew was walking slowly, he was really down, like he wants to drink alcohol until he becomes drunk or just simply jump off a bridge. Well speaking of bridge, there was a bridge a few meters away from Gulf's home, he now has a great idea. He walked faster, his heart was beating faster too, his sadness was slowly eating him up, it's just too hard for Mew to bear. And finally, he arrived at the bridge, it's high, and very dangerous if you'll jump. No one's too dumb to jump off that bridge, except for depressed people, well as I told you, it's not easy to deal with depression.

"I'm sorry, I'm just too tired." Mew took a deep breath, and leaned on the side of the bridge, he's tired, like really. He felt the cold air passing through him back and forth, a cold weather for a down person. As he took his foot up, ready to jump, he then heard--

"What do you think you're doing Mew?"

It was Gulf, he was following Mew all the time.

"Gulf? I-I thought you're already at your home." Mew went back down, staring at Gulf, eyes were still shocked. "I followed you, because I have a bad feeling since we passed on a bridge earlier."

"Just let me die."

"No, Mew."

Mew harshly ruffled his own hair, then looked at Gulf. Eyes full of annoyance and frustration, and it made Gulf feel like he was a little bit, useless. "Listen, I'm just trying to help you."

"I know, but can't you understand what I'm feeling--"

"I do. I know it's not easy, but that way you're doing right now is not right." Mew was still looking at Gulf's eyes, slowly burning his soul through his madness that escaped from his eyes. "You don't know me Gulf, you don't know my story." Gulf then gave up, he sighed but also gave him a weak smile, like a super weak one.

"Oh, you're right. Fine, go and jump, I won't bother you anymore." Gulf gave him a last smile and turned away from Mew, not caring about what he'll do, but he really cares though, he cares for everyone.

As he got home, his knees suddenly went weak, that made him immediately sat down on the floor. He felt his heart getting heavier, like he felt useless, his words, his presence. He just sighed and stared at the floor, it visited him again, it came again even if it's not welcomed. He wanted to cry but he doesn't want to, more like he can't. They only know that Gulf was just a happy person, an inspiring professor, a problem free friend, but little did they know

Gulf is also suffering from depression.