four

Gulf went inside the classroom, ready for the first subject of the day, wearing his sweet unusual smile, as he entered the classroom, the students were quiet shocked and quiet happy too. "Good morning everyone..."

"Umm, Sir?" The girl student raised her hand, making Gulf's attention turn to her. "Yes?"

"You don't usually smile like that, did something happened?" That question made Gulf slightly laugh, the students followed after. "Nothing much, just met a friend actually." The other student asked again, turning Gulf's attention to him. "Is your friend a 'he'?" Gulf nodded. "Well, can you tell us how you guys met sir? Since there's nothing much to do..."

"Sure, I met him at the place I usually go, he was depressed, and was about to jump off the cliff but luckily I saved him, I still don't know why he's being like that but I'm sure that it was a heavy problem. Then we exchanged numbers and I met him again earlier." The story that Gulf told made the students squeal and giving him an awe, making the professor chuckle. "You're very lucky sir, you instantly made a friend while me, it's really hard for me to find a friend, they won't stay permanently." The male student looked down, making the whole classroom silent. "No one's permanent here young man, even your parents aren't permanent. And friends? Just like lovers they'll come to you if it was a part of God's plan, they say that the reason why God let them leave you because he heard hurtful words that you didn't heard. Don't be sad young man, everyone's your friend." The student looked up, feeling motivated at Gulf's words.

"And you're right, it's not easy to find a friend, a real one. So, shall we start?" The students nodded and proceeded on their lesson.

🎶Time skips brought you by Peter Pan by Exo uwuwu🎶

"Thanks Sir Kanawut, for motivating me, you're really the best."

"No problem young man, if you have a problem, just talk to me, I will listen." The student nodded and turned away from Gulf, about to walk on his way home but he instantly turned around, about to talk to Gulf again. "Yes?" The student looked at him straight in his eyes, Gulf did the same. "Sir, do you also have your own problems?" Gulf chuckled at the question, the student was waiting for the answer. "Of course I have, sometimes it even hits me hard. But problems are just problems, I can overcome it all. So always remember young man, no matter how big your problem is, don't give up, if you do then you'll lose the game." Gulf patted the male student's shoulder, giving him a comforting and motivating smile. "It's already night time kid, you should go home."

"Okay sir, you should hurry home too." Gulf shook his head, his smile still remained, making the student confused. "I'm still going to meet someone kid."

"Your friend sir?" Gulf nodded, earning a smile from the student. "Okay then, have fun sir." Gulf nodded and went on his way to meet Mew, another happy day it is.

As Gulf was walking to the place where he and Mew will meet, his smile became wider than earlier, he saw Mew, sitting on a bench while looking at the stars that were shining like his eyes. What a wonderful sight for Gulf, Mew's eyes were twinkling, like he was holding the whole galaxy.

"Mew..." Gulf called him, he instantly turned his face to where the voice was, lips quickly stretched, forming a smile. "Gulf..."

Gulf walked closer to him, and sat beside him. "Gulf, about what you said earlier that I am lucky.... I don't know what you mean, like how come?" Those words made Gulf chuckle, he looked at Mew's eyes, full of confusion and curiosity. "It's a long story Mew, it takes patience and interest in listening to my story."

"I will listen, just like how you listened to me." Gulf took a deep breath after Mew let out his words, he looked up and let out a bitter smile. "I was five years old when my father died." Mew went shocked for a while, but he just stayed silent, listening to Gulf. "He's the one who provides all our needs, but even when he's tired, he still managed himself to teach me on my homework, be romantic to my mother. And that time, as a kid, I really thought that those moments we always do will remain forever, like literally." Mew was just staring at Gulf, listening with all ears. "I was grew up in a poor family, my first struggle was our financial problems. I learned how to do some simple business stuffs to save my family from hunger, since my father's money ain't enough."

"Then the personal and family problems followed when my father died, it's really hard, the house gets lonlier and colder, the students bullying me because I don't have a father until the last year of my Junior High School life. Sometimes I get jealous whenever I saw a complete family, sometimes I even want to give up my own life but I remember what my father said, 'Life is a game, if you give up, you lose'." Mew felt sorry for Gulf, he realized that Gulf was also struggling until now. "That's why I wanted to help people who are in need. I became like this because I worked hard for my mother, I don't want to see her struggling."

"I'm so sorry Gulf...."

"No, it's okay. Past is past."

Mew looked up and sighed, making Gulf's attention turn to him. "What's wrong Mew?"

"I'm just financially lucky Gulf, my parents didn't love me, all the people here don't appreciate my hardwork. They didn't know that it was a big struggle for me since being a businessman is not my dream, I want to chase my dreams right now but I don't think that there's hope for me, I think it's too late." Gulf smiled at him, comforting the other. "When there's life, there's hope. Don't give up Mew, I'm always here when you need help."

"Thanks Gulf..."

Then they both turned their faces on the sky, letting the stars reflect on their eyes. What a beautiful night for the both of them.

Author's note: stay safe guys, stay at home. I love y'all 💖