Chapter 1

"That'll be $4.50"

The girl rustled through her purse and handed a 5 dollar bill to Eddie. He opened the cash register and handed her two quarters with a warm smile. "Have a nice day" he said as the two girls exited the store.

As soon as the girls were fully out the store Eddie swiveled around with a big grin on his face wiggling a cigarette between his fingers. Robin smirked and walked over to him as he placed the cigarette in his mouth. Robin dug through her pocket and pulled out her lighter and lit the cigarette.

"So what's up with you and Steve?" Robin asked. Eddie pulled the cig out of his mouth handing it to Robin, a faint blush appearing on his cheeks. "I don't know what you're talking about Robbie." She rolled her eyes, raising the cig up to her mouth "What?!" he exclaimed making her chuckle. She decided to drop the subject. They stood there smoking in silence, passing the cigarette back and forth when they heard the door open.

"Shit." she quickly hid the cigarette behind her back while Eddie waved the smoke away.

"Welcome to Family Video Store" Eddie said while Robin quickly put out the cigarette, throwing it on the floor. She quickly turned around wearing a smile when she realized who walked through the door. Nancy and Chrissy were giggling and laughing as they stumbled into the store. "Hey Nancy" Robin said nervously. "Hi Robin" Nancy smiled as she and Chrissy walked over to look at the movies.

Robin stood there in complete shock staring at the two girls. Eddie snapped his fingers in front of her face trying to get her attention "Earth to Robin." She looked up at him, "Why is she here?!" "Well we are one of the only video stores in Hawkins, she's been here so many times this week." Eddie said trying to hide a smile. She just stood there and stared at him. She had noticed that Nancy was coming to rent movies a lot this week. She thinks it started when Nancy and Chrissy became closer.

"Well what are you doing Buckley? Go talk to her." He said as he slowly started to push her over to the two girls. "Why would I go talk to her? I mean the last time we really talked is when we went to visit Victor Creel." she said trying to push against him. Her efforts weren't enough because she could tell that she was slowly getting closer. In one last ditch effort she looked up at Eddie, attempting to plead with her eyes. He just gave her one last smile before he shoved her over to Nancy.

Robin caught herself on one of the racks, catching the girls attention. Nancys eyes quickly flickered up making eye contact with Robin. Robin could feel warmth creeping up her neck. She swallowed "You girls need any help with anything?"

"We we're actually looking for a horror movie to watch tonight." Chrissy said stepping closer to Robin. "Yeah, do you have any suggestions?" Nancy quickly asked.

Before Robin could stop herself, words were pouring out of her mouth. "Well you could always watch The Shinning which is a total classic" Robin said while grabbing the VHS off the shelf and handing it to Nancy. "There's also Friday the 13th that I think you two would enjoy, there's Poltergeist, The Thing, Gremlins, Alien, Nightmare on Elm Street -" she stopped herself and quickly grabbed the VHS tapes off of different shelves and handing them all to Nancy.

The two girls giggled and Nancy gave Robin a soft smile "Thanks Robin." Robin watched the two girls walk away carrying a pile of movies.

Robin quickly gave them a little wave and whipped around speed walking to the room in the back marked employees only.

"Buckley? What are you doing back here? I thought you were helping Nancy and Chrissy?" Eddie asked with a confused look on his face. Robin sat down covering her face and mumbling into her hands " I definitely just messed that up. She's gonna hate me. I just started blabbing and handing them movies" Eddie let out a small laugh. " It probably didn't bother them Robbie" he said as he ruffled her hair and walked back out into the store.