Chapter 9

finally time!!

Robin shifted over on the couch, leaving a good amount of space for Nancy to sit down, at a comfortable distance. Nancy slowly sat down, keeping her eyes fixed on a potted plant right in front of her. Robin let out a long exasperated sigh, playing with her rings. Silence filled the room.

"What are you doing Nancy?" Robin asked, breaking the silence.

Nancy reached over to place her hand on Robin's shoulder, but the girl shrugged it off.

"You can't just act like everything's fine," Robin said, standing up from her seat. She ran her hands through her hair and looked down at Nancy. "It's been a week, Nance. A whole week since we last talked."

Nancy gave her a long look before breaking eye contact and looking down. Robin could tell she didn't want to talk right now. The girl quickly patted down her skirt before answering.

"I'm sorry," Nancy mumbled.

Robin's jaw dropped. After a week, that's all she had to say? She could feel rage bubbling up in her chest. This wasn't fair. Nancy couldn't just apologize and think everything would go back to normal. There were so many unanswered questions and unresolved feelings.

"You're sorry?" Robin asked, raising her voice. "I don't want you to just say you're sorry, I want you to talk to me. I want to know what happened and why you disappeared like that. Was it something I did? Was it something else? I need to understand you Nancy." she said, starting to pace around the room. This caused Nancy to stand up, a crease forming between her eyebrows.

"What do you want for me? I'm sorry can't you just let it go?" Nancy said raising her voice now too. Robin could see the look in her eyes she knew all too well. The look Nancy had when they had killed Vecna. It almost made her back down.

Robin strode over to her, only inches between their faces.

"No, I can't just let it go," she said, jabbing her finger into Nancy's chest. "You could've at least answered one of my calls." Desperation was now filling her voice.

"You didn't have to call so much, it's not a big deal!" Nancy said, not backing down. Robin flinched back a bit, not expecting the harshness dripping in her voice. Even though it hurt, she didn't back down, they needed to air this out.

"Well, you didn't have to keep me in the dark! It wasn't the best feeling for you to completely ignore me and give me no reason. What would you do? I'd love to know"

Nancy stared at her, flicking between her eyes. Suddenly, Robin felt the girl grip her shirt and tug her forward, smashing their lips together. Robin let out a small gasp. Her shoulders relaxed, kissing her back, their lips moving against each other. One of her hands moved down to Nancy's waist, pulling her closer, pressing their bodies together.

Nancy smiled into the kiss, cupping Robin's cheek. Moving her hand from Nancy's waist, she started to trail her fingers down till she reached the hem of Nancy's skirt, tracing them along the hem of her skirt, occasionally dipping her fingers down. Nancy let out a moan of surprise, slightly arching into her.

Robin took the opportunity to place her hand on the small of her back and walk them back towards the couch. Robin fell back on the couch and looked up at Nancy. Her face was flushed and her hair was a mess. The girl quickly pushed her hair behind her ears and straddled Robin. With a smile on her face, she pressed her lips to Robins again, this time with her arms wrapped around her neck.

They continued to kiss each other fiercely, letting their hands roam about. Nancy pushed her fingers through Robin's hair, appreciating the feeling of getting to do what she had always wanted to do. Robin started to press kisses to Nancy's jaw and slowly down to her collarbone, paying special attention to a few freckles littered near the base of her neck. Nancy let out a moan, throwing her head back when the basement door jerked open.