Chapter 4

Nancy sat at her vanity with her eyes wide open and a mascara wand in her hand. She leaned in closer to the mirror and slowly applied the mascara to her eyelashes. Chrissy walked over and placed her hands on Nancy's shoulder. "You look great Nance!" Chrissy said with a smile plastered on her face. Nancy looked up and gave Chrissy a smile before continuing to do her mascara.

After a few minutes, Nancy decided her mascara looked good and placed the mascara wand back in the bottle.

"You should put on some eyeliner" Chrissy said picking up a bottle from the desk. She twirled the bottle between her fingers before she handed it over to Nancy.

"I don't know how to do it, it always looks like a mess." Nancy sighed.

"I'll help!" Chrissy said whipping Nancy's chair around and kneeling in front of her. "Close your eyes."

Nancy close her eyes and shifted around in her seat as Chrissy moved closer. Suddenly
Nancy felt the the tip of the eyeliner press against her eyelid, cool to the touch. Chrissy slowly swiped the eyeliner on to both of Nancy's eyes.

"All done" Chrissy announced closing the eyeliner bottle and placing it back on the vanity. Chrissy stepped back and admired her work. She then turned Nancy's chair to face the mirror.

When Nancy finally looked at herself in the mirror her eyes widened. "It looks so good!" she squealed whipping her head around to look at Chrissy. "I know right!" Chrissy said with a huge grin.

Nancy spent a few more seconds admiring her makeup before she stood up and walked across her room. She walked in front of a body length mirror and looked at her outfit. Her outfit consisted of a pair of black jeans and a random band t shirt Chrissy had gave her. Nancy took a good look at herself and then quickly grabbed a hair tie.

She pulled her hair up and tied it in a loose ponytail. The shoes she picked out were a pair of Mikes worn down converse that were way too big for her but they matched her outfit so she didn't really care. She grabbed her purse off the dresser and she and Chrissy rushed down the stairs.

"Im going to watch one of my friends bands tonight ill be back later." Nancy yelled as her and Chrissy ran out the door. Nancy hopped in the drivers seat and put her seatbelt on. She pulled down the visor and flipped the mirror open. She quickly wiped off some
lipgloss that had gotten off her skin and then pushed the visor back up.

Chrissy hopped in the car and quickly started it up. "Remember we have to pick Robin up." Nancy said quickly as she messed with her bangs. Chrissy nodded her head and pulled out of the Wheelers driveway. Nancy directed Chrissy to Robins house. She told her what turns to take and the roads they were gonna drive on.

After 10 minutes they pulled into Robins neighborhood. "It's the one-story house with the black roof" Nancy said pointing at a house on their right. Chrissy pulled into the empty spot in the drive way and put the car in park. Nancy stepped out of the car and walked up to Robins front door. She lightly tapped her knuckles on the doors and stepped back.

Nancy could hear someone rustling around in the house. The door quickly flung open and Robin appeared with a pair of boots in her hand. Robins eyes went wide and traveled up and down Nancy. Before Nancy could say anything, Robin quickly stepped out the house and locked the door behind her. Nancy and Robin walked over to Chrissy's car. Nancy made her way to the front seat and Robin hopped in the back.

"Are we good to go?" Chrissy asked craning her neck back to look at Robin. Robin nodded and started to slip her combat boots on. Chrissy glanced over at Nancy and then started to pull out of the driveway.

Eddie had told Nancy that the bar his band was playing at is about 20 minutes out from
Hawkins. Nancy knew it would be a bit so she propped her feet up on the dashboard and turned up the radio.