Chapter 6

As Nancy pulled into the neighborhood, she spotted a familiar car parked outside of her house. She parked the car by the curb. Her and Robin hopped out the car and headed inside. When they walked in they were immediately overwhelmed with noise. The kitchen was filled with boys raiding the cabinets and fridge for food. Nancy stared as they pulled out multiple snacks from the cabinets and started grabbing handfuls of food.

Steve sat at one the counter on one of the bar stools watching all of the boys destroy the Wheelers kitchen. He looked over to the door and made eye contact with the two girls, "You guys are finally back." Steve sighed as he pushed himself off the stool. He quickly grabbed his keys out of his pocket and walked over to the front door. "Cmon Robin we've gotta go to work, the bag of cheetos I bribed Keith with won't work for so long." He said rushing her out the door.

Robin craned her head back to look at Nancy. "Sorry Nance, I totally forgot I have work. Can we hang another time?" Nancy smiled and nodded her head as Steve shut the door behind them. Nancy turned her attention back to the boys in the kitchen.

She made her way over to the kitchen. Will and Lucas were going through the cabinets while Mike was shoving the food into Dustin's arms. Eddie and what looked like his band mates, we're going through the fridge for drinks. Eddie turned around and made eye contact with Nancy. "Hey Nance! When did you get back?" he questioned as he handed sodas to his band mates. Everyone turned to look at her, finally noticing she was there. They all waved or smiled at her, quickly going back to raiding the kitchen. Eddie grabbed the last drink and handed it to Gareth, quickly closing the fridge.

"You guys go downstairs, I'll be downstairs in a few minutes." he said walking over to the bar stools. The boys are crammed down the stairs, gripping the chip bags and drinks. Eddie plopped down on a bar stool and patted the one next to him.

Nancy raised an eyebrow at him. She sat down on the stool and put her purse on the counter. Eddie tried to make eye contact with her but she wouldn't move her head. After a minute, he decided to break the silence.

"So you and Robin?" Eddie asked, turning his body to face her. Nancy froze. She slowly turned to face him. "What about us? We're just friends." she said flatly. "Is that what you want?" he asked her, studying her face and waiting for her response. Nancy took a second before she responded. "Yeah? I mean what else would we be?" she asked. He stared at her for a second before he hopped up and headed over to the basement door. "If you say so! I see the way you two act around each other." he said, rolling his eyes and opening the door. "How we act around each other?" she whispered to herself.

"Are you guys ready to continue!" Eddie yelled as he ran down the stairs. Nancy stared at the door as she processed what he said. Why was he asking her all of that. Does he think he likes her? Why would he think she likes Robin? I mean there's no way she could. She already thought about this earlier. Loudly sighing, Nancy took her shoes off and made her way upstairs. When she walked into her room, she shut the door and flopped onto her bed.

Nancy had never even thought that she could like girls. She had always liked boys. There were celebrity crushes and boyfriends. But, she had never thought about girls that way. Atleast she didn't think she had.Robin was different. Nancy couldn't understand why but she just was. After a while of thinking about her and Robin's interactions, she felt her eyelids start to feel heavy. Instead of fighting it she let herself slowly doze off.

•••

Nancy jolted awake to the sound of the doorbell going off. She glanced over to her alarm clock. It read 6:00 pm. "Shit!" she yelped as she hopped off her bed. Tumbling down the stairs, she heard the doorbell go off again. "I'm coming!" she yelled as she descended the last step. When she opened the door her eyes went a little wide.