Chapter 8

cw: they get drunk and there is drunk kissing

Robin stood there dumbfounded, her feet frozen in place on the sidewalk. Nancy gave her a quick wave and then squeezed past her into the store. She tried to grab the older girl's arm, but the bags of chips slipped out of her hands, tumbling to the ground. Groaning, she bent down and picked up the remaining bags of chips. After piling them in her arms and shoving them in her pockets, Robin shot one last glance inside the store and started her long trek back home.

The wind was a lot calmer this time of the day. Every once in a while a harsh breeze would rush toward her face and sting her cheeks. She quickly hunched her shoulders and sped up her walking. The soft sound of cars rushing past her and the wind ruffling the trees calmed her. Her feet shuffled along the concrete as the sun started to set. Robin continued to walk home, however, halfway through her walk she changed her mind. Without much thought, she turned on her heels and headed in a different direction.

In a few minutes, Robin found herself stepping up to Steve's porch and rapping her knuckles lightly on the door. She heard someone shuffling inside, and then the door quickly swung open. Robin plastered a smile on her face, gave him a quick once over, and stepped inside. He gave her a confused look before he shut the door behind her. She quickly shed her jacket and tossed it on a table near the front door. Sinking down into the couch, she gave him a slight nod.

"And what has you smiling and prancing into my house?" he smirked. His hands were crossed over his chest and he was already in pajama pants and a t-shirt.

She shrugged and ran her hands through her hair. "Figured you'd have some beer"

He rolled his eyes, a smile still playing on his lips, and made his way over to the kitchen to grab some beers. Within a few seconds, Steve was popping open a beer bottle, handing it to her, and sprawling out on the couch beside her. Robin gave him a quick smile and took a swig of her beer. The bitter taste ran down the back of her throat, only making her feel a little bit better.

After a few more sips, she finished the beer and stood up, heading toward his kitchen. She swiftly placed the bottle on the counter and started to rummage through his cabinets. The sound of the TV could now be heard, thrumming throughout the house.

"Second cabinet to your right," he called out, still lounging on the couch.

Robin quickly glanced back and made her way to the right side of the kitchen. Opening the cabinet he had mentioned she finally found what she was looking for. A bottle of whiskey, practically full, was sitting on the shelf right in front of her. Grabbing the bottle by the neck, she popped it open and put it up to her mouth. The stinging sensation as the liquid went down her throat brought a smile to her face. With a quick wipe of her mouth, she made her way back to the couch and hopped right back beside Steve. He gave her an amused look as he continued to take frequent swigs of his beer. Once Steve had finished his beer, he and Robin passed the bottle of whiskey between each other. Within a few minutes, both their cheeks were rosy and they were laughing up a storm.

Robin stood up, trying to keep her balance as she stumbled towards a radio sitting on the table. She clicked the play button and swiveled around, a grin splitting across her face. He grinned back and hopped to his feet, starting to sway to the music. Grabbing his hands they started to dance and thrash around his living room.

After a few minutes of dancing around the living room, they started to rummage through his kitchen cabinets again, grabbing any and all alcohol they could find hidden. Robin dumped all of her findings on the counter and grabbed one of the half-full bottles of vodka.

"Don't drink all of my stash or you'll have to pay me back." Steve slurred as he searched through the pile.

Robin shoved her hand into her pocket and pulled out 3 dollars and slammed it on the counter as she raised the bottle to her lips. Steve's laughter filled the kitchen as she downed the bottle of vodka within seconds. They continued like this for a few minutes, sharing bottles of alcohol brands they couldn't pronounce in their very drunken state. The more they drank, the more they were slurring their words and they fell into fits of giggles.