Chapter 10 / Epilogue

yay it's the end!!!!

Robin was sitting in the passenger seat of Nancy's car, staring out the window and admiring  nature. Her calming experience was cut short by the loud bickering happening in the back of the car. Max and Mike were squabbling in the back of the car, over something Robin couldn't bother to care about. They were jabbing their fingers at a piece of paper Max was holding and shoving each other.

"Cut it out or we're not going," Nancy warned, looking at them through the rearview mirror.

Max looked as if she was about to talk back but Mike gave her a quick slap on her shoulder and got her to quiet down. Robin smiled over at Nancy. It had been around 2 weeks since they had kissed for the first time and they had hung out every day since then. However today, they had agreed to take the younger teens to a carnival that was coming into town. As soon as Robin had heard the carnival was coming she had called Eddie and told him how they have to go. He had laughed at her but quickly agreed they had to go, mentioning how the younger boys had talked about going too.

Now, they were all headed to the carnival. With Max and Mike now talking quieter, Robin was better able to enjoy the short car ride. Her window was slightly cracked, allowing wind to rush into the car, cooling it down. The silence the two girls sat in was comforting. A few minutes after picking Max up, they were pulled into a parking lot that was a 2 minute's walk from the carnival. The two kids tumbled out of the car once Nancy had parked, pushing each other out of the way.

"They're so immature when they're around each other," Nancy scoffed, turning the car off and hoping out. Robin hid her smirk as she followed suit.

The two older girls led the walk to the carnival, Max and Mike quickly trailing behind them. Not even a minute into their walk, they spotted the rest of the group crossing the street. This made Max and Mike push past, running toward the younger kids. Eddie and Steve made their way to Robin and Nancy. The two boys fell into step with them, watching the kids have an animated conversation.

Once they reached the entrance, they all split into groups of two and started to wander off.

"Be back here by 9!" Steve yelled, loud enough to cause a few strangers to give him looks. Eddie rolled his eyes and slung his arm over Steve's shoulder.

"Okay mom," Dustin yelled back sarcastically as he and Lucas rushed off towards the rides laughing. Steve narrowed his eyes as he watched them wander off, Eddie to his side trying to hide the smirk growing on his face.

Robin grabbed Nancy's armed and started to wander towards the carnival games, giving the two boys a quick wave. Eddie waved back as he took Steve towards one of the bigger rides. Nancy glanced around as Robin made a bee-line toward a game with a giant bugs bunny plush. When they stopped in front of the game, the guy in the tent held his hand out. Robin shoved her hand in her pocket and pulled out a crumpled dollar and placed it in his hand. He looked down at the bill in his hand and back at her. With a shrug, he reached down and handed her 3 rings.

Robin dropped Nancy's hand and stepped back. Nancy gave her an amused look as she stepped aside. The girl took a deep breath and held her arm out in front of her. She then flicked the ring towards the bottles. The ring completely missed the bottles and tumbled to the grass. Nancy was obviously trying to hide a snicker as Robin attempted to throw the next ring. This ring was more on target than the last, but fell between the bottles, hitting the grass. Robin sighed as she attempted to throw the last ring. After it hit the grass like the rest, Robin hung her head and walked over to Nancy. The girl smiled at her and pulled out another dollar. She walked over to the man and handed it to him, taking the rings.

Robin stood to the side as Nancy geared up to throw the first ring. Unlike Robin's attempts, Nancy's first ring fell around the neck of a bottle. Robin's jaw dropped as she watched the second ring fall onto another bottle. How was Nancy so good at this? Unsurprisingly, the last ring fell onto one of the bottles. The guy running the game looked just as surprised as Robin was.