Fili #1

(Okay, I decided to write one where you insert your name for the main character... Cause I'm sitting in a car, outside a hardware store, in the middle of nowhere, and I'm bored.)

You spread out your bedroll, long past ready for a much needed rest. You and the Company of Thorin Oakenshield had embarked on a journey to reclaim your homeland: Erebor. After making a short detour to pick up a certain hobbit, that is. Now, you were in the middle of nowhere, on some barren plain of Middle Earth, making your camp beneath a rocky outcropping.

Sighing, you pulled your (H/C) locks back from your face and tried to tie them back, but it was no use. They were too tangled for any hope. You shook your head and were about to lie down without putting your hair up, (even though you knew it would be hopelessly tangled when you awoke the next day,) when someone cleared his throat above you.

"You want some help, (Y/N)?" Fili said, bending down and giving you a cheeky smile.

You blush. "S-sure," you say, and smile shyly at the prince. "If it's not too much trouble."

"Of course it's not!" Fili said, plopping on the ground beside you and pulling you onto his lap. You blushed even harder as some of the others (Kili and Bofur in particular) laughed at your predicament. You ignored them as Fili began to gently finger-comb your hair until it was smooth once more. You reached your hand up to feel your hair.

"Fili... You work wonders!" You exclaim, turning to smile at him, your (E/C) eyes flickering in the light of the fire.

Fili smiled. "It's not done yet (Y/N)."

"I know," you said, laughing. "But you did a good job untangling it."

Fili chuckled and you felt his strong hands return to your hair, weaving it expertly into an intricate braid that fell down your back. Unfortunately, he found a small issue; there was nothing to tie your hair off with. He pushed the end of the braid into your hand. "Hold this for a minute." He said, taking a small knife from the inside of his fur pelt and cutting a bit of leather from a lace on his arm.

Stowing the knife back in his pelt and finally tying the braid off, he smiled at his handiwork. "Done." he proclaimed, setting you next to him on the bedroll and standing.

"Thank you," you said softly, fingering the beautiful fishtail braid.

"Anytime (Y/N). Anytime." He said, walking away towards his uncle, who was beckoning to him.

You grinned and laid down on your bedroll, falling quickly into a deep sleep beneath the stars.

---------------Time----Skip---------------

You thrashed around in your sleep, fitful nightmares taking you into their grasp. You cried out quietly once, but only one dwarf noticed. Fili. He crept closer to you, crawling over the other members of the Company, until he was at your side. You whimpered in your sleep, and Fili laid beside you and cradled you in his arms.

"Shh, (Y/N). Shh, it's all right, I'm here. It's all right." He murmured, and you slowly began to calm down, nestling into him and humming a slight sigh of content. The dwarf prince smiled and kissed the top of your head. "I love you," he whispered, thinking you were still asleep.

How wrong he was. When he kissed your head, you had woken, but stayed still. Looking up, you smiled at his surprised face. You craned you neck and kissed him on the lips, and after a moment of shock, he kissed you back.

Several seconds later, you both decided you had a dire need to come up for air. You both broke away, panting as quietly as was possible. After a moment's silence, you looked up into his eyes and whispered, "I love you too."

---------------------------------------------

A/N

I know some people don't like Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit, so if you want, just skip over these ;) I just really wanted to write a Fili one shot XD.

Also, I don't mind if you request more than one one shot for the same character. It just might take me a while to figure out another plot line.

Vote. Comment. Share!

~Miluiel