Remember

Everything was black to Tenn. he couldn't see anything, but could feel a hard ground. He just stared into empty space. He looked at his hands, which were smaller than usual. He seemed to be younger.

"That's strange..." He thought to himself. Suddenly, he heard a loud gunshot. His eyes widened, looking forward to find where the piercing sound came from. As he looked around, a drop of a body dropped in front of him. It wasn't a human's, thankfully, but it was a dog's.

"Eat." A sound said. Tenn looked up to see a black figure. He could barely make it out compared to his surroundings. He looked down at the dog. For some reason, this was all familiar. Something he should be doing. He reached to grab the dead animal and—

"NO!" He shouted, jerking himself up from his sleep. He looked forward to see Ace being held up against a wall by Azrael.

"W-What is going on!?" Tenn asked. Azrael stared at Tenn as Ace struggled to break free.

"What do you think happened?" Azrael asked.

"Well you're holding Ace against a wall... did she do something?" Tenn asked.

"I don't know. Did you do something Ace?" Azrael asked, turning to her. She stopped trying to break free.

"What happened?" Tenn asked. Ace sighed.

"I may or may not... have put a knife to your neck." She said.

"Excuse me, WHAT?" Tenn asked, getting up.

"Told you we should left her." Azrael said, letting go of her. Ace took a sigh of relief, thinking that Azrael would've finished her there.

"Nope. Not happening. I refuse to let her leave and get herself killed." Tenn said, getting up from his chair. As he did, he wobbled a bit from getting up too fast.

"What a morning." Tenn sighed, walking over to put on some different clothes. Ace didn't say anything for a second.

"So... you're not mad?" She asked. Tenn sighed, placing a shoe on.

"I can't be. I get you think we're monsters... well, he is, but I'm not. I'm actually human... with exceptions. I have the same goal as you. It'd be a shame if you just died without a fight." Tenn explained. Ace stared at him for a moment. She went and sat down.

"Thanks." She said. Tenn left the building with Azrael as Ace stayed. She didn't exactly know what the place was like or what was happening. She kinda looked around for a bit, messed with Azrael's immobile body, then began thinking to herself.

"Are they really monsters? They have to be... but..." She thought. She remembered back to Tenn explaining why he wasn't mad. He did have humanity in him. Meanwhile, Azrael... er...

"That other guy is dangerous... at least to me. I should get on his good side for now." She thought. She sighed, looking up at the always black sky.

"I need to get back fast. I want to see him again..." She said to herself. She laid down, trying to nap before Tenn and Azrael got back. However, her stomach growled quite a bit. She looked down at her stomach, then looked around.

"Assuming they went to get food, where would they come from?" She asked herself, looking out of a hole in the wall. Nothing but a few Monsters walking through. There weren't many because of the abandoned and destroyed street. Ace groaned to herself.

"Urg. Whatever. Just think about the future. How will I be able to see him again... how did I get here... I... wait..." She thought for a moment, like she remembered something.

"Am I a monster?" Tenn asked. Azrael looked up at him strangely.

"What makes you think that?" He asked. Tenn thought for a moment.