Moving Forward

Tenn felt two emotions. Anger, and the need for comfort. He was too distraught. His emotions were going wild. It was too big of a swing. So, he couldn't control himself. Then, he did it. He did exactly what he shouldn't have done.

"What do we do now, Azrael?" Tenn asked. Azrael didn't reply for a second.

"We... head back to base." He replied. Tenn got up.

"Do we... leave the body? I don't even know what humans do with dead people..." Tenn explained. Azrael looked at him. Tenn was never old enough to deal with death. He didn't know what to do.

"Just... leave the body... for now. We can bury her the next time we get the chance." Azrael explained. Tenn nodded as he walked towards Azrael. His left arm was still transformed. Azrael glanced at it.

"Can you put that away?" He asked. There was silence.

"Tenn?" He asked.

"I can't." Tenn replied. More silence.

"Oh." Azrael replied. He sighed.

"It seems that being's body had quite the effect on your body. It might be permanent now." Azrael said. Tenn stared at his arm. He transformed his right one back and forth, but he couldn't do anything with his left one. It was permanent.

"Well... it's only right. It's the right price." Tenn said. Tenn didn't mind. After killing Ace, this was the proof that he was less human. To him, at least. The two headed back to their current place. As Tenn entered the place, he instantly found a place to lay.

"I need to nap." He said. Azrael watched as his eyes closed and his weariness captured him. Azrael then turned and left. He'd be fine on his own...

"He's not back yet..." A figure said. It was the ones from before. Wire never returned. As that happened, a smaller figure appeared through the doors. The two looked at each other.

"He's here? Now?" The superior figure asked. The smaller one nodded, then left. The superior figure sat down. He placed his hands on his head. He had a humanoid figure with horns on his head. A few spikes stuck out from his joints. He looked at the door as a once before coworker walked in.

"Hello old friend." Azrael grinned. The two figures stood from their seats. The other one's features weren't identifiable.

"Why are you... what did you do to him?" The spiky figure asked.

"Me? I didn't do anything. All I did was watch." Azrae explained. There was a moment of silence.

"Those humans you're with—" The spiky figure was saying before Azrael cut him off.

"Human. The other one is dead." Azrael smiled. The figure laughed.

"It looks like his death wasn't in vain." He said. Azrael also laughed.

"For you it was. For me, not at all." He explained. The laughter died down.

"He didn't kill anyone. That boy with me. He's the one that killed the other one." Azrael explained more. There was silence.

"Looks like I was the only one that could kill a human, huh?" He asked.

"Why are you here?" The figure asked in return.

"Simple. Just a warning." Azrael said. A large grin appeared across his face.

"We're gonna come and kill you! I'll kill you, specifically. Tenn... he's gonna do exactly what I say." Azrael exclaimed. With that, he turned and began walking away. There was a moment of silence as he left.