1 || But the Coffee Jelly ||

This - is Saiki's thoughts

"This" - is Saiki using telepathy to others or hearing others' thoughts

"This" - is normal dialogue (but you won't really see Saiki actually speaking that much)

*The narrator gets involved sometimes and uses first person (of themself). Only saiki knows the presence of the narrator (kinda like some parts of the anime)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A boy. A young boy. Without hesitation, nor a second thought, speed-walked out of the bustling school.

Now, how did none of his friends spot him?

Simple.

He was, as a matter of fact, invisible.

'Gasp! Invisible? No way! A young, ordinary, school boy?'

Saiki Kusuo, the 16 year-old high school boy, is not-so-ordinary. He is a psychic. Telepathy, psychokinesis, precognition, teleporting, clairvoyance, seeing through objects, etc. He is capable of these powers with just the will of his mind. With such abilities, he must be living a dream, right?

...

If that's what you were thinking, you're completely wrong.

Being given something also means that something would be taken away. Like a dog losing its ability to obtain its own food, when its owner continues to feed him. Saiki also has had things taken from him, like feeling a sense of achievement, or being surprised by a surprise party.

This bright-pink haired, purple eyed, emotionless boy with a weird lollipop-looking-device-hairpin and neon-green glasses, could probably beat goku-          [a/n: i swear i didnt write this to start an argument i didn't know what else to write plz dont hate me]

Oi, why does it sound like you're insulting me? Good grief. Please let's not talk about that. Keep this up, and i might end up narrating this story myself and make it my POV. 

...ahem, anyway. He is on his way to the supermarket. 

Ah, yes. Coffee jelly.

Coffee jelly was one of Saiki's favourite foods, and today, he had 500 yen to spend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Only 500 yen, and he was now in a situation where he had to choose between: 'deliciously creamy coffee jelly' coming in a 6-pack for 360 yen, or a 2-pack, reading 'Coffee Jelly: 100% quality Colombian coffee beans' for 420 yen.

He stared intently, almost like it was a decision with his life on the line. That was when his eyes widened slightly as if realising something. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After finding an area with no people, Saiki teleported home. He placed the 2-pack coffee jelly on his desk and let out a content sigh. He felt satisfied with his purchase. Satisfaction was not a feeling Saiki often felt.

To explain his reasoning...there had been spoons. The 2-pack came with 2 plastic spoons. Hopefully, he understood that most of his money was probably paid for the making of those spoons. He probably had been subconsciously desperate to find a good reason to pick the more expensive one.

Saiki looked over at the clock.

4:07pm.

Nice. There was still time until dinner. Without a moment to spare, he tore open the plastic wrapping holding the two containers, and started to peel off the lid of one.