10 || Imagine Being A 'C' Class Hero ||

THANK YOU GUYS FOR 1.3K READS ❤

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This - is Saiki's thoughts

"This" - is Saiki using telepathy to others or hearing other's thoughts

"This" - is normal dialogue (but you won't really see Saiki actually speaking that much)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Lets become pro heroes...the three of us."

...

"Hero, you say..." Genos scratched his chin and stared at the laptop screen in front of him. He kind of looked like he regretted teaching Saitama about the Hero Association.

"Sensei, i really dont see why--"

"If you become a hero with me, i'll let you officially become my student." Saitama blurted out. His dumb grin stayed on his face, probably meaning that he hadnt thought through what he had just said.

"Let's do it, then." Genos almost immediately replied, and started clicking around on the Hero Association website for registration forms.

"Well, you two have fun...good luck." Saiki simply walked away from the desk and plopped down by the coffee table again, sipping his remaining tea.

You will never ever convince me to do that. I understand there are people out there who are kind-hearted and wish to help others but...i just dont happen to be that type of guy.

"Hey, Saiki." Saitama turned to the psychic.

"...what?"

"Unlimited coffee jelly while staying at my place."

...

As soon as 'unlimited cof-" came out of the bald man's mouth, Saiki instantly teleported next to Genos, with an impatient look.

"Genos, you're still looking for it? Do we have to fill the form on paper or online?? 16-year-olds are allowed, right? HURRY!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saiki sat by the lockers, staring at the ceiling. He had just finished his two tests and interview, and was waiting for Genos and Saitama to finish. He couldnt stop thinking about his coffee jellies. He was almost drooling at this point.

A lot of people had stared at the psychic in disbelief, during the physical exam. It was clear that not many teenagers were enrolled... ... ...or at least not many teenagers who were as powerful as him. Apparently, other psychic-heroes existed in this world, so he didnt find the need to match his levels to an average human. But he did hold back, otherwise he would've destroyed the city.

"Oh, Saiki. You finished first?" Saitama walked in and opened his locker, snapping Saiki out from his thoughts.

"Yeah. I finished a while ago, actually."

"Hmm?" The man hummed, pulling on a hoodie. With big yellow letters, it said "OPPAI" on it. Under the word was an obvious-but-not-so-obvious picture of...'oppai'. Saiki couldnt help finding this amusing. 

Childish. I know.

Not long after, Genos walked in as well, and shared his thoughts on the exam.

"It's a breeze to pass these exams. Both the written and physical tests were very easy. 70 points is the passing point, so we should be fine."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Finally..." 

The bald man held the envelope containing the results in front of him, and grinned. "You go first." he said, nudging Genos.

The cyborg pulled out a single A4 paper and scanned it.

"100 points. I pass. It also says im...an S-class hero?"

"Congrats."

Saiki already knew his results, as he could simply see through his envelope.

"Nice! Im guessing thats good. Saiki, what about you?"

"The same as Genos." He said, holding up his paper.

To be completely honest, he had copied other people's thoughts for a few questions during the written exam -- but that wasnt his fault, because he cant help hearing them. Besides, he'd only been in this dimension for a few weeks now, so he couldnt have immediately understood the whole concept of heroes and stuff.

"Hey! Me too!" Saitama exclaimed as he looked at his paper, which was pulled out halfway.

"Ahahaha...yeah...congrats." Saiki said, looking away. He had looked through the man's envelope to see...a 'C'. Saitama had mistaken the top part of it for the top part of 'S'. Poor dude.

"As expected of sensei. Your font is even bigger than mine!" Genos said admiring his teacher's paper. "By the way, what did they ask you during your interview?"

"...interview? What interview?" Saitama looked up, confused.

"I was interviewed, and they had asked about the 'House of Evolution', and if i had destroyed it."

"Yeah, me too. Except i was asked about the mosquito thingy. You know, the big ball of fire, which stayed in the air for like...5 minutes straight. I didn't even realise I was holding it for that long." Saiki said as he slid his paper back into the envelope.

"I see...Saitama sensei wasnt interviewed because they didnt find any reason to. As expected." The cyborg looked up to congratulate his teacher, only to see him pissed off.

"YEAH, I DONT NEED TO BE INTERVIEWED, 'CAUSE IM A DAMN C-CLASS HERO!!!" He yelled and threw his paper down, like a toddler during a tantrum. The paper only sadly and slowly floated down.

"Mr. Saitama, Mr. Genos, Mr. Saiki, there will be a seminar for successful candidates at 4:00PM. Please make your way over to lecture hall 3." An announcement interrupted the angry bald man.

"Wait, so, we're the only ones which passed? Out of all those people??" Saiki couldn't help himself finding the other people pathetic. That's what happens when you live with the power to fight God himself.

"Yeah. It would've been just you two if I had lost 2 points. 2!!" Saitama mumbled as he picked up his paper and stared at the '71/100' on it.

~~~~~~~~~~

After they had left the Hero Association HQ, the three silently walked through the streets of City Z, the amber-coloured sky making everything around them look like a shade of yellowy orange.

That seminar was a joke. How are we supposed to take it seriously when a lame-ass guy shows up and explains a bunch of self-explanatory things. Good grief.

"Saitama sensei," Genos said, breaking the long silence, "I guess I'm officially your student now."

...

"Y-yeah...you're right..." Saitama stuttered, realising what he had done.

"Dont you forget my coffee jelly. Unlimited coffee jelly." Saiki made an intense eye contact with the man.

"Anyway, Saitama sensei and Saiki senpai. I'll be going this way." The cyborg bowed and walked off, turning a corner.

"O-okay."

"Take care."

...

...

"Let's go." Saiki held out his hand, in a quite demanding manner.

"Go where...?" Saitama tried not to look at the psychic.

"To the supermarket. Where else?" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Damn, that was a lot of time skips. Hopefully it wasnt too confusing.