16

Asami

I hope that today won't repeat, chasing after Korra is definitely a workout. Playing hide and seek in a hospital isn't something I'd like to do when Korra's the hider, she's a master at it.

Though I did see her once, at the end of A and E ward, sparing me nothing but a small smile before she turned away and out of my sight again. I wanted to chase after her, calling her name but that's when Mako appeared stating that he's in hospital because Bolin 'forgot something.' I try to believe it but it's a little hard when he didn't leave me alone for another half an hour.

Then when I finally do find Korra in her room, she's snuggled up in bed fast asleep with her parents all around her.

Her parents had no clue where she was today, Korra must've not told them and I instantly feel guilty for throwing her under the bus. Tonraq insisted that we wake her up and ask her about it but Senna had other ideas. "Let the poor girl sleep." She mutters, swatting at his shoulders with protest. "She's tired, we'll talk to her later."

"But Asami needs to do a check up." He replies and that's my cue to swoop in.

"I don't." I whisper, keeping my voice as low as possible. "I just wanted to see if she was in here."

Tonraq settles down. "Oh."

Senna rolls her eyes and swats him one last time, gesturing towards the door. "Come on, lets leave her to sleep."

They're the first to go out, I linger for a few more seconds, looking over my shoulder at Korra and her hair is sprawled out behind her. The sketchbook is a few centimetres away from her and curiosity gets the better of me and I need to have a look. It's someone, beautifully sketched like they always are but this time it's not me. Someone else that I don't recognise. Who is this?

Korra stirs in her sleep and I take steps back until I reach the door, quickly removing myself from the room. Her parents are still out here, muttering to eachother in french but they both stop and look at me.

"I just want to say thank you for looking after our Korra." Tonraq says to me.

Senna steps fowards and holds the top of my arm gently. "I know she can be a little trouble some times but please, don't get frustrated."

"I completely understand, I'm a nurse, it's my job to make sure she's feeling comfortable and I'm sorry that you've had trouble with previous nurses." I chuckle, trying to shake away the image of Korra's sketch. It could just be someone random, someone that she could've easily searched up on google. I'm overreacting.

"Oh it's no worry now, that's in the past." Senna says. "I'm glad she's got someone like you, I like you."

My heart jolts. "Thank you ma'am."

"Don't thank me yet, chérie." Senna says and I take a note of that last word, I've noticed that she calls Korra that too. Her hands slip down into mine and she squeezes them. "Just take care of her please."

I nod. "Of course."

<->

I prayed that yesterday wasn't going to repeat but obviously it wasn't heard. Korra wasn't in her room and I report her as 'missing' to Lin again. Apparently she was supposed to be having a chat with her soon but it's not happened, no surprise there. So we both do our thorough check of the hospital. The cafe, upstairs, downstairs, waiting areas.

Absolutely no luck. Where the hell does she go? Lin suggested that we start checking each and every room: she thinks that she's hiding out with patients. I guess that's a good idea but now that Bolin isn't here and according to him Korra doesn't really know anyone else, therefore that idea is flawed.