7. Goodnight

They entered the house, and it got quiet for a moment. Lots of smiling and soft hugs, quiet welcomes. It was nice, the quiet.

Tommy didn't remember what it was like to be around this many people. He barely remembered knowing this many people at one time. Sure, sometimes the group homes were packed, but he didn't really know them.

They were more like roommates that you would never see again, and never really got along with.

But this, this felt different.

This felt warm.

It felt safe.

And then the noise resumed, loud talking and laughing.

And somehow, it was better than the quiet.

"Tommy, come here and meet everyone." Phil said, becoming him towards them.

Tommy walked towards him, looking around the room.

"Alright, so that's Dream and Foolish. They're the twins, you remember." He said, pointing to two boys chatting with Wilbur and Techno. "And then that, over there, is Drista." He then pointed to a girl who was sitting on the couch with another boy. "She's with Dreams best friend, Sapnap." He then turned towards Puffy, who was talking to a short boy. "And that's Tubbo. You guys are the same age."

Tommy nodded and glanced around. He headed over to sit with Techno and Wilbur.

"Oh, hey, Tommy, this is Dream and Foolish." Techno said, smiling at him.

"Hi." Tommy waved.

"Hey, nice to meet you."

It was a bit of an awkward exchange, but they soon jumped into conversation again.

~•~

Tommy found himself wandering around the house. Puffy had allowed him to look around wherever he wanted, so he was taking his time mapping out the house in his head.

They had a quite large house. It was nice.

He walked past an open door where Drista was seated on a bed.

"Oh, hey, Tommy." She waved as he walked past.

"Hi." Tommy leaned against the door frame. "You're Drista, right?"

"Oh, don't tell me they let you think that was my name?"

"Sorry?"

"it's a joke. Because Clay - Dream - and I look so much alike. Dream plus sister equal Drista, I guess." She laughed. "I'm Claire." She patted the bed beside her, inviting him in. "Plus, Foolish isn't my brothers real name either. He's really called Noah, but he hates it when people call him that. So he made up Foolish." She explained.

"Makes sense." He nodded and walked in. "My real name is Tomathy Careful Danger Innit." He said, seriously. She looked at him, confused.

He broke his serious demeanor and laughed.

"I'm joking. It's Thomas."

"You're funny. really got me there for a minute."

"What can I say, I make all the ladies laugh."

She hit his shoulder playfully and burst out laughing.

~•~

By the time it was time for bed, Tommy had met almost everyone. Except for Tubbo. He seemed to be a bit shy.

"You'll be staying here, with Tubbo. Don't worry, he'll warm up to you." Puffy said, leading him to the room at the end of the hall. He nodded and pushed the door open slowly.

"Uh, hi, I'm Tommy." He said, walking in. Tubbo hummed and glanced up.

"You can put your stuff over there. And there's a mattress for you." He said, motioning to the corner where a mattress was laid on the floor with a sheet covering it. Tommy set his bag beside it and sat down.

"So, you're Tubbo, right?"

"Yeah." Tubbo turned his back to Tommy and shut off the light.

"Oh, uh, okay. Goodnight."

And then it was silent.

~•~

Heyyyyyyyy

So I'm moving into college soon so updates may be a bit sporadic.

Sorry in advance.

Hope you all enjoyed!