11. Tommy, thank god you're okay

Tommy tried to breathe slowly. He heard footsteps running behind him. His ears still rang as he heard Phils voice.

"Puffy, call an ambulance." He felt hands on his cheeks, and then his eyes focused on Phils face, which looked concerned. "Hey, Tommy, it's going to be alright. Don't worry, bud. We're going to make sure you're okay."

"It's my fault. I'm sorry, I wasn't looking."

"Tubbo, no, it's not your fault." Phil shook his head.

"It's not, I'm okay." Tommy said, moving his eyes to look at the other boy. "I'm okay, I just slipped."

He heard the sirens from the ambulance Puffy undoubtably called in the distance.

"Dad, I-" Tommy started, then stopped himself. "I, uh, I mean... Phil, I've never been in an ambulance before."

"It's alright, mate, I'll go with you. Don't even worry about it." Phil smiled calmly, "I'll be there the whole time. I think they'll just stitch you up and you'll be just fine."

"Okay."

Soon after, the ambulance arrived. The paramedics carefully lifted him onto a stretcher and pushed him into the ambulance. Phil climbed in after him and the doors were shut behind them.

The ride to the hospital was uneventful. His head was bleeding, but once they had stopped it, it was just a waiting game until they arrived.

Once inside the hospital, Tommy was rushed off into the ER. Phil was unable to follow.

"What's happening? Where's Phil?" No one was answering him. "Hello? What are you doing?" He felt a sharp prick into his arm. "Hey! What is that?" The nurse didn't answer.

An oxygen mask was placed over his mouth.

Soon, he was drifting into unconsciousness.

~•~

Tommy woke in a dim hospital room. He still had an oxygen mask over his mouth, and he could feel a bandage around his head. He reached a hand up and pulled off the mask, sitting up and glancing around. He was alone.

He heard people talking outside, and caught a quick glimpse of his social worker.

No.

A cold panic set in.

He knew what this was.

This was another transfer. They were trying to take him away from Phil.

They would find him "unfit" just so they could move him again. He couldn't be taken away. This was finally a good home, he needed to stay.

He needed this family.

His social worker entered, and his head snapped up to her.

"Thomas, how do you feel?"

"Are you transferring me?"

She sighed. "Well, it's complicated."

"Yes or no isn't really that complicated."

"We are not, but you and Phil both will need to file a report so we know the reason for the visit. You won't be removed from the home." She smiled. "I'm sorry if I scared you by speaking to the doctor. We needed the medical records."

"Where's Phil? And Techno and Wilbur?"

"They're waiting outside. I needed to come talk to you quickly before they could come in, but I'll send them up now."

"Please." He nodded and sat back, letting himself relax. He wasn't being taken away. Phil wasn't going to abandon him.

It was only about 5 minutes before he heard footsteps running down the hall. He turned his head just to see Phil, Wilbur, and Techno walk in.

"Tommy, thank god you're okay." Phil immediately walked over to the bed and hugged him. Tommy smiled and melted into it.

He felt safe and warm for the first time... maybe ever.

~•~

He was able to go home that night. There wasn't any crazy thing wrong with him, just a deep cut that had needed stitches. He would have to come back in a few weeks to get them taken out, but for now he was just fine. 

Wilbur and Techno sat on either side of him as they drove all the way back home. Phil had decided it was probably best if they ended the trip a bit early. Tubbo handed Tommy his phone number before he left, telling him to keep in contact. 

Tommy didn't even have a phone to text him on. 

The car ride home felt longer than when they drove to Puffy's, and Tommy ended up falling asleep about halfway through the trip, head falling onto Techno's shoulder. 

~•~

Hey guys! I'm doing the schedule thing whatttttttt

Anyway, I made a YouTube channel! Really chasing that serotonin any way I can lol. Go check it out if you want to, link is on my profile! I make content about DnD and maybe vlogging(?). I haven't decided yet. 

Hope you all enjoyed and I'll see you soon!