13. This is just official

A couple of weeks later, Tommy was signed up to take a tour of the school he would begin attending the next week. With Wilbur and Techno, of course. He was led through the large double doors into the, from what he had gathered, private "wealthy kid" school.

This was so much different from the public schools he had attended his entire life.

He was given a uniform. And a book bag. And a laptop. It was crazy.

As he was led through the halls, Tommy couldn't help but stare. This really was a nice school.

Wooden pillars stretching from the floor to the ceiling. Steel lockers with silver locks. Common rooms with plush couches and rugs and... was that a fireplace?

Tommy was shocked.

~•~

By the time the tour was over, Tommy was absolutely blown away. Who knew that this family, who lived fairly modestly, could afford a school like this.

As he climbed into the car, he still felt shocked at the new development.

Phil climbed in next to him and started the car up, smiling at him before starting off.

"So, what did you think?"

"It was... big." Tommy said, looking over at the man. "Bigger than any school I've ever been in."

"It's the best private school around." He paused. "Did you like it?"

"It's definitely going to take some getting used to." Tommy nodded. "How do you afford all of this?" He wondered.

"I have a really good job." Phil laughed. "Let's get ice cream."

~•~

The school year was great. Tommy made friends. Two boys named Bill and Freddie. A girl named Aimee.

He and Tubbo became really close. He loved talking to him.

Life was good, for the first time.

~•~

"Toms, come down for dinner!" Phil yelled from the kitchen. Tommy set his homework down and headed down the stairs.

As he approached the kitchen, something felt off. It was too quiet in there. Phil and the twins were always talking about something.

It was silent.

He felt the anxiety of isolation bubble up in his stomach as his legs stopped working. One foot hovering over the bottom step.

He couldn't breathe.

No no, this was Phil. This was Wilbur and Techno. They loved him.

He had never been loved like this.

They wouldn't send him away, not now.

Surely there was an explanation.

He took a deep breath and the final step down the stairs. Down the hall and right into the kitchen.

There was a cake and a banner above the table.

Adoption?

He stopped breathing.

"Tommy, I wanted to ask you formally before we decided. I thought this would be the best way." Phil said, smiling at him. "Would you like to be legally a part of our family?"

Tommy felt tears spring to his eyes, and let them come. They started flowing down his cheeks as he stared at the blurry figure of this man he already trusted so much. He nodded, wiping at his nose.

"Mate," Phil walked the two steps to him and wrapped his arms around him. "You were already part of us. This is just official."

Officially a part of a family.

Officially a part of something good.

Something happy.

Something new.

He was so happy.

~•~

And that's it!

So sorry about the sporadic posts of the chapters. I've been so unmotivated with this story. I really apologize.

I had other ideas for this story but absolutely no motivation to write it so I decided to end it here.

Hope you all enjoyed anyway.

No idea when the next will be, but I do have a few plans. So stay tuned for that!!

Thank you guys for all the support!