Hard To Regress

(Creds to: brarisxlove22, thank you for your suggestion, hope you enjoy let me know if you want anything changed)

Niall woke up in his usual headspace this morning but something felt a little off and I couldn't quite figure it out.

"Finish up bud then it's nap time soon" Zayn tells Niall as we finish up with lunch. Zayn sits with him whilst I start clearing the kitchen up.

"Daddy 'inish" he holds out his plate for me to put in the dishwasher.

"Thank you bud" Zayn gets him out and takes him to the living room for quiet play whilst I finish up in the kitchen and get Niall's things ready for his nap.

"Say night to papa" I tell him as I walk in the room to Zayn finishing up changing Niall's nappy.

"Ni papa" Niall kisses and hugs Zayn goodnight. I take Niall up and settle him down in his cot with his dummy and cloth before kissing him night and heading back down.

"Here" I say as I saw Zayn clear Ni's toys away and managed to find a couple of them in the hallway

"Here" I say as I saw Zayn clear Ni's toys away and managed to find a couple of them in the hallway. Toys were usually everywhere in this house once Niall had pulled all of them out. We even found some in the washing machine and under our pillows. We've found his toys in some really random places.

"Ugh...and now we chill" I sigh as I sat down on the sofa, Zayn joining me as we watched some tele.

*Niall's PoV*

I wake up and look around to see that bars were surrounding me and I had a dummy in my mouth. I stand up but I struggled to keep balance so I held onto the bars. I soon managed to climb out of the cot and get into the bathroom.

"What the?.. how'd you get out of these things?" I mumble as I struggled with the nappy straps. I soon got it off and threw it away before putting my normal 'big' clothes on and heading downstairs.

"Ni? What the hell? You know you're not supposed to be climbing out of your crib" Zayn tells me off.

"Urr..sorry? I'm big Niall right now" that's when he looked at the clothes and realised.

"Oh..sorry Ni"

"No worries, I'm gonna head out for a bit, alright?" I head out and leave the boys speechless. I suppose I haven't been big in a while, it probably shocked them.

*Liam's PoV*

Niall walks out and I immediately call the other two boys, who come over straight away.

"I knew something wasn't right" I mumble.

"Does it kinda feel weird that we're not with him right now? I feel like I need to pack a bag and grab the stroller" Zayn says.

"I'm gonna miss the little lad running around" Louis says. The boys sat and just didn't talk for a while, thoughts running through their minds as they all were all sad about the situation they were in.

"Maybe he just needed a break from everything, it's understandable right?"

"Right" they all mumble. No one really knew what to say. Niall came home and it was soon time for everyone to go to bed. Niall was 'big' Niall for at least two weeks, sometimes he'd slip up a few times but no one knew why he was big and for so long? Which meant all four boys were sad for most of that time, they missed their little Irish man.

"Ni, we need to talk"

"Oh no" he gulps.

"Nothing bad, I promise" they sit down at the table with Niall and start talking.

"We've noticed you've slipped up a few times either on accident or you just can't get back into headspace or something" Niall sighs before speaking up.

"I've been struggling to get back into headspace, I've tried everything I could possibly think of but nothings worked so far, I don't know why it's been hard to get back into" a few tears slip from his eyes.

"Hey, it's ok, is there anyway we can somehow help you, maybe we can help you?" Harry suggests.

"We can try, don't think it'd work" he shrugs.

"Ok, well would you like a nappy on now or when you've slipped?" Louis asks.

"Later"

"Ok, how about a dummy or a bottle?"

"Maybe a dummy" Harry soon heads of upstairs and gets the one he had earlier. Niall was shy at first to put it in his mouth but it didn't really bother us that much.

"Would you like your giraffe with you and your cloth?" He nods his head 'yes' and as Zayn went to go get it from upstairs he whines at Zayn. We looked at him confused as he pointed at Zayn, shook his head 'no' and then pointed at Harry with a small smile.

"Ohh, you want Haz to go get it" Zayn realises and Niall giggles a little.

"Aha bye Haz" Louis laughs. Harry comes back down and Niall grabs his arm to sit him next to him and climb into his lap.

"I think we have Nialler back" Louis says.

"No" Niall grumbles as he pulled the cutest grumpy face.

"Ok" I do dinner for everyone and Niall stayed sitting on Harry's lap. We think we have 'little' Niall back for most of it but his 'big' brain was saying otherwise. There were a couple things that Niall got shy about which he usually wouldn't have second thoughts about like his nappy so we didn't put one on him until bedtime and the other two boys were gone.

"Hmm" he whines once we went to settle him down his in crib.

"Wou bed" he points at me and Zayn. He wasn't talkative as much so we also thought that was his 'big' brain making himself a little shy. We head to our room and lay down with Niall.

"Night I love you both"

"Night I love you both too" we kiss Ni and then each other before falling asleep.