additional scene #1

Bucky returns only two weeks later. His mission lasted longer than expected and all he wants is to lie down and sleep for forty eight hours straight.

"FRIDAY?" he mumbles, kicking off his shoes. His jacket had already been discarded by his bedroom door when he walked in.

"Yes, Sergeant Barnes?"

"How are ya?" He doesn't miss a beat in asking, even though he's exhausted.

"As good as ever. Did you have a successful mission?"

"If by successful you mean one sprained limb instead of two, then yeah." He wasn't really cribbing. His ankle was already starting to heal anyway and it was worth the roundhouse kick to a Nazi's face. "Do I have anything scheduled for this weekend?"

"You have a meeting on your calendar scheduled for this Saturday."

"Could you send a text to Y/N and ask if we can push it to the next day?" His muscles feel sore and God, he could definitely use a hot shower but all of that becomes secondary the minute he feels the sheets under him.

"Would you like me to reschedule the other one as well?"

"What's that?" He opens one eye in confusion. "There's another one?"

"It's on Sunday. You've labelled it 'date'."

Ah, fuck.

"Would you like me to change it?" FRIDAY never sounds like she's judging him, which is nice. It also reminds him about how she, as an AI, can't judge him, which is a rude wake-up call to how he doesn't have friends.

"No," his voice is muffled against the pillow, "no, let it be. Where is it again?"

"You've only specified diner, Sergeant Barnes."

Public space, daytime, plenty of escape routes. Good on his less delirious self for selecting a diner.

"Thanks, FRIDAY." Now that he's a little more relaxed, he can feel himself slip in and out of consciousness.

"One last thing," her automated voice commands his attention again. "Y/N replied. She says sure and to take care."

"Yay." Not even a second later he's out like a light.

____

"Did you bring me any souvenirs?" Is the first thing he hears as he marches into your lair.

"What could I possibly get you?"

"A postcard, a t-shirt." You don't look up from your tinkering.

"Decapitated finger, used bullets," he continues, "cement blocks."

"Ew." You snap the lid shut on the thing you're working on, spinning around on your chair. "That's not nearly romantic enough."

"That's all you're going to get from a Russian underground bunker." He does a mini jog up the stairs of the platform to where you are.

"Does the finger have a ring at lea- oh hello?" You raise an eyebrow at the sight of him. "You look different."

He peers down. The outfit was still all black. As always.

"Not your clothes, dummy," you interrupt, making him look back at you. "Your face. What'd you do?"

He unconsciously raises a hand to his cheek.

"Did you wash your face? Is that it?" you squint at him. "Has it been a few months since the last time?"

"Wow, you're so funny," he drawls sarcastically. "Top tier comedian right there."