ch.7 The Prince

HELLO EVERYONE!!! I hope you enjoy this chapter!

After breakfast I decide that I want to see Tubbo and show him Shroud. So Shroud and I go out to the stables and I introduce Clementine to the spider.

"Clementine, Shroud. Shroud Clementine." I point.

Shroud crawls up to Clem and she neighs before she leans her head down to him. I immidetaly run to Shroud, about to pull him away. But instead of biting the young spider Clementine licks him. I laugh at the cute interaction, then decide I'll have to look up what licking means for spiders.

After I untie her I hop onto my horse with Shroud in my arms. Then we set out for Juniper.

*********

When we get to where the village starts to build I hop down from Clementine. I walk her up to a fence post that has a small pond beside it so she can drink. Then I grab Shroud who is still sitting on the horse.

As we walk down the cobblestone streets I get even more stares then usual. I see people laughing at me and pointing at Shroud. He obvisiouly senses the eyes on him because he has come as close as possible to my side. I glare at the people laughing but eventually my self esteem dies, and I'm left cowering. I decide to turn into a random shop so that I can calm down.

The store I walked into apparently is a brewery. I look to see a tall man with a fake crown and mantle on. As I walk towards him he turns his head and I see that he also has on black shades.

"Hello, im Eret." his monotone voice says, he looks terribly bored. "Welcome to the kings best brewery."

The king's? I didn't know dadza drank.

"Um wheres the menu?" I ask. The man looks up startled, he obvisouly wasn't paying attention.

"You sound a bit young." He stammers. I'm confused, can this guy not see me? I hate saying this but I do kinda look like a child.

"Yeah I'm thirteen." I nod.

"Well I'm sorry but we don't have nonachoholic beverages, you'll have to leave."

"Wait, first do you know who I am?" the Eret guy gives me a confused look.

"Umm, are you anyone special? I'm sorry, I'm blind, I can't see you." I smile at this. Well I'm not happy he's blind but I like that he doesn't know who I am or what I look like.

"No sorry, I'm just gonna go. Nice meeting you Eret!" I tell him as I leave with Shroud on my heels.

I hurry down the street, trying to avoid as many eyes as possible. When I get to Tubbo's place I smile. I walk in then hear an excited gasp. I see a short boy run towards me, he gives me a large hug.

"Man I missed you."

"Me too big man, sorry I couldn't visit earlier!" I speak as Shroud crawls out from behind my back.

"Woah!" He looks shocked as he kneels down to pet the spider. "This is a spider! Is he yours?"

///Tubbo POV///

I am shocked when I see a spider crawl from behind Toms back. I haven't seen Tom in a week, and when he shows up he has a spider with him!

"Yeah I found him yesterday. He's my new pet!" Tom sticks out his chest, obvisouly proud of the insect. "His name is Shroud!"

I pet the spider and he rolls over on his back wanting a stomach rub. Tom and I both laugh.

I know a lot about spiders. I find rare creatures intriguing so I always make sure to get books on mobs when I'm at the library. I know that most spiders avoid humans but occasionally young ones who get separated from their mothers will imprint on humans. They lick to show affection like dogs.

"He must think your his mother." I laugh, but Tom looks confused. "Spiders imprint when they get lost from their mothers." I explain.

"Oh." Tom lets out a big grin. I bet it feels nice knowing your a mother figure to someone, or something for this matter.

"Yeah, I have done a bunch of reading on spiders, they're super cool!"

"Really? I don't really know anything about them, well except that they eat fruits and veggies." Tommy shrugged.

"Do you mind if I go get my dad, I'm sure he will be fascinated by Shroud." Tom nods as he sits in a criss cross position on the floor, petting Shroud.

I run to the back of the shop where my dad sits writing one of his many essays. I poke his shoulder and tell him I have to show him something, then we make our way back to Shroud and Tom.

"My my! Is this a spider, I've only seen one once!" He exclaimed standing over my shoulder.

"Yes! Its my friends Toms." I exclaim as Tom stands up. He looks to me then my dad.

"Hello sir, nice to meet you!" Tom holds out his hand.

"Your majesty, I wasn't expecting Tubbos friend to be a prince." He laughs after bowing. Tom shifts uncomfortably and I move backwards.

Prince! What? I thought there were only three princes, Wilbur, Technoblade, and Tommy. Oh.. Tommy must have changed his name.

"Huh?" I ask, a little angry but also a bit sad.

"I can explain!" Tom, or Tommy I should say, yells from behind me, but I'm already running out the door.

My first friend, a lie.

///Wilbur's POV///

When Techno and Phil fly down from the sky, Techno seems really shaken up. Which I'm positive isn't from the flying. Techno has always loved flying with Phil ever sense Phil first adopted him. He explains what just happened.

A tiger, I wonder. Dream really has gone crazy. Phil then fills us in on the amount of resources and supplies we have and need. We have 5 carriages holding only 6 people at a time but we have around 200 people who need to get out of town before the stalemate ends. Compared to the Pandora and Manburg army there is a eight thousand men difference. I look down as he tells us we simply can't win.

As the next king, Phil expects a lot out of me. Recently he has been making me come up with all the solutions to what seems like a never-ending stream of problems. Its like he just ignores the issues, letting me fix it all for myself. I hate it when he does this. Yes, I know he's trying to prepare for when I'm king but usually he doesn't thank me, or give me any credit. In front of peers he acts like I'm still a child, but maybe he's just covering his own childish behavior.

"Well I think we should focus on getting as many innocent people out of Aspen as possible." I declare as we sit in a large planning tent.

"But they're just gonna attack where we move them, the villages will soon be falling like dominos." Techno states.

"Thats why, while were getting the people out town, Phil and I will focus on getting help."

"Who's help are you thinking?" Phil asks.

"Well the two closest countries to us are Kinoko Kingdom and Las Nevadas."

"Have you not heard the rumors?" Techno asks.

"What rumors?" I question back.

"Apparently those two kingdoms were great allies, the leaders were extremely close, but they unexpectedly started to hate each other, I don't think they have talked all year though they share a border." Techno explains.

"Yes, they were also close to Sapnap, who was once apart of Kinoko, so we might be able to persuade them to fight against him." Phil reasures us.

"Alright, you can go talk to Kinoko Kingdom Phil. I'll speak with Las Nevadas. Techno, you'll-"

"Im gonna head to the castle. See if there is anybody who will volunteer to help in the battle." I roll my eyes, obvisouly the number one reason he wants to get home is to see Tommy.

"Alright then, we'll all leave tomorrow." As we get up to go to our individual tents so we can get much needed sleep, Phil stops me.

"Good thinking son." He places a hand on my shoulder and smiles at me. This is the first time he's seemed proud of me.

"Thanks Dad." I return the smile.

1404 words.