ch. 10 Returns To No One

I wrote this while watching Tommy's MCC stream, so if there are any mistakes I'm sorry. But I hope you enjoy nonetheless, thanks for 1k reads!

_______________________________________

"I'm sorry, I'll go talk to him." I turn to Tubbos father who is standing, dumb struck by his sons outburst. "It was nice meeting you, I hope to see you again."

I hear Tubbos father reply but I'm already running after Tubbo with a startled Shroud under my arm.

I hear Tubbo sniffling up ahead of me so I hurry my pace.

"Oh come on Tubbo, I'm sorry! Please let me explain." I huff. Tubbo hears me so he sits down on a bench that sits on a hill before a pleasant lake. "Thank you." I say as I sit down beside the bee boi. Shroud sits in my lap and licks my neck.

"First I'm sorry. You don't know how hard it is to be the weird prince. Everyone stares and laughs at me." I stroke Shroud, glad he's here. If he wasn't I definitely wouldn't be able to say any of this.

"Excuse me!" Tubbo yells, his face heats up. "Your not the only one to be called weird. I also get those stares and laughs, honestly probably more then you!" Tubbo blows up.

I mentally slap my self. He's right, I'm so self centered. I start to cry and I clutch on to Shroud.

"I'm sorry.." Tubbo mumbles.

"No, I'm the one who should be sorry. I-I was only thinking about myself. I-I'm so selfish." At that, the now crying Tubbo pulls me into a tight hug.

We sit in each others arms for a while, both liking the comfort of a true friend.

"Hey at least I don't have to be the only weird one now." Tubbo shrugs when he stops hugging me, which makes us both break out into laughter.

"True, we can be just be weird together. The Prince and the Bee Boi." Tommy leans against my shoulder as we look out onto the lake. "Now, tell me everything about spiders you know." I demand jokingly, Tubbo chuckles.

As Tubbo lists facts about spiders I begin to store them in a mental pocket. But eventually we start to talk about other random topics. I find myself in a conversation about knitting.

"Yeah its always helped me relax and stop my ever lasting boredom." I roll my eyes.

"I'm sure the castle isn't that bad!" Tubbo says. I glare at him which makes him start to burst out laughing. "Wait, I just had the best idea!" Tubbo declares as he pulls him self together and sits up.

"You have to knit Shroud a sweater!" We both look down to Shroud who looks up at the sound of his name. He lets out a small hiss and nods. Both of us breakdown in laughter then we list things that I could knit on it.

********

Today has been the best, I think as I stare out at the beautiful sunset. Tubbo is laying on my shoulder asleep and Shroud sits on my lap also in a deep slumber. I think about my family as I watch the streaks of pink and yellow in the sky.

'A long time ago. The night Phil adopted me, Techno and Wil took me out to a special spot of theirs. It was a hill that overlooked the entire castle and its surroundings. We sat talking and laughing and eventually when the sun was almost down I broke. I told them what happened to my village, then my mother, then I described to them the dreadful night of the last time I saw my dad.

It was nice. I hadn't told anyone of what I had faced, keeping it all stored away in a jar. But next to my brothers I turned the lid and set all my worries free. I remember seeing Techno cry for the first time. He looked to me with hope in his eyes and I returned the look.'