ch. 16 Calm Before The Storm

Dream walks down the steep steps to the hall where Wilbur is locked up. Bad idea was perfect, Techno life for Wilburs. If they wanted Wilbur back Techno was going to have to come with Dream. When Dream first heard Wilbur was in the Badlands from Ranboos writing though he was just passing through but when Bad told him he was now locked away in the dungeons team was ecstatic. Now all he had to do was to make sure Techno knew he had will and that he would only give him back for Techno life. He just hoped techno would be loyal enough to let himself die then Wilbur.

So when Dream got to Wilburs cell he decided he needed to make Wilburs stay rough. This would hopefully persuade Techno to trade his life away.

"Open this will ya?" He demanded to Sapnap. Sapnap his pawn, the most loyal of his minions, the one who had left his two lovers just for him, was wrapped around dreams finger tightly.

"Yes sir." The man dashed to the cage and opened it for Dream. Dream didn't even thank the man as he stepped in with Sapnap and Bad trailing behind him.

"Wilbur." Dream gave a sly grin.

"Dream." Wilbur spat back.

But instead of answering Dream punches Wilbur in the face. Wilbur, who wasn't expecting it falls to the ground, he coughs up blood. Dream then kicks him in the stomach a couple times and he snickers as he walks out of the cell.

"See you tomorrow!" He calls as he walks down the hall with his two minions chasing after him.

///Techno's POV///

Tommy is devastated and I too am heart broken. Shroud can't leave, it wouldn't be fair to Tommy or Shroud. They both relied on each other and I can't even imagine Tommy losing the pet.

After Tommy stormed out I of course rushed after him. I met him in his room where he lay crying softly into his pillow. Shroud was perched on top of the boy obviously confused why his owner was so down. I walk into the room and lay down on my back beside Tommy.

"Your not going to get rid of him, I won't let that happen." I declare. Tommy looks up from his pillow confused.

"What?" He asks, his voice muffled by the pillow.

"Phil is wrong." I state as I look up to the ceiling, Tommy has a smattering of glow in the dark stickers.

"Really, I don't have to get rid of Shroud!" Tommys joy is obvious in his voice.

"No, but I'm going to have to talk to Phil-" I'm interrupted by Tommy throwing himself on top of me.

"Thank you." His voice is muffled by my shirt.

**********

Its the morning of the day after Phil told Tommy he couldn't keep Shroud. I wake up to a bright golden light shining in my eyes. I squint and cover the sun with my hand. I roll out of my navy blue duvet and united blanket Tommy made me a couple of christmases ago. I go to my mirror and change into my normal entire which consists of a whisky white long sleeved shirt and black pants. In the mirror I study my hair, its usualy a mess when I wake up and today is no exception. I brush my pink locks out and tie into a low bun, not very tight so it will probably fall out throughout the day. Then I make my way down the hall to where Tommy room is, I peer inside and see that Tommy is not yet up. Then I make my way to Phil office, where he normally spends his time in the morning. I knock when I see the door closed and I hear a faint respond so I open it.

"G'mornin mate." Phil looks up from the paper he is reading.

"Good morning, can we talk?" I ask as I sit down in a chair across from Phil. I look down at his desk, its neat like always, there are a few family photos of us, one with us in our royal attire, one from 2 years ago at one of my swordsmanship competitions, in the photo I hold on tightly to a large trophy with a large grin, Wilbur has his arm wrapped around me and Phil has one hand on my shoulder the other wrapped around Tommy wrist. I remember Tommy kept running away and getting to trouble. Then a third photo that was of Tommy when we first got him. It was a photo of Wilbur Tommy and I in Tommy new bed, Tommy was so happy and so sad but the way he looked when he talked was filled with optimism.

"Sure thing." Phil set down his paper and put it on top of a large stack of papers. "Whats up."

"I really don't think we should get rid of Shroud." I state, my eyes bore into Phil.

"Techno, I don't think its a good idea if we keep him." Phil obviously sees my incredulous look because he adds, "What will happen when Tommy grows up and gets more responsibilities, its not fair for the spider if Tommy never has time for him."

"I get that but Shroud can just stay with Tommy while he is doing tasks. Tommy really needs Shroud, we've been looking for a solution to Tommy.. Issues." I put it, "Shroud is one. Its amazing, Tommy is so excited with Shroud, and when he starts to freak out shroud calms him almost instantly."

Phil smiles fondly but shakes his head.

"I don't know." He speaks. "How about this, we take away shroud for a week, see if Tommy can handle being without him, if not well bring Shroud back."

"No." I state. Phil looks shocked, I never say no to Phil, if I'm being completely honest I'm kind of scared to go against him. I mean Phil saved me, I can't say no to the man that saved me. "That wouldn't be fair to either of them. Shroud has imprinted on Tommy, you can't take away a son from his mother." Now Techno felt bad. This actually hit home, all of Phil's sons were robbed from their biological parents.

"Techno." Phil put his head in his hands. "Ughhhh, alright. But Tommy has to keep up with Shroud, if not--"

"It won't happen!" Techno smiled, "Thank you!"

************

Its been three days sense Wilbur was supposed to get back. Its obvious all three of us are extremely worried. I sit in on a bench outside watching as Phil makes lucius grass turn to dirt, and Tommy is practically ripping out shrouds hair as he pets him from the ground. Were all trying to decide what to do, were still in a war, we can't just halt everything so we can look for Wil.

"You think Dream could have taken him?" Phil suggests.

"Possibly, he was having to pass through the Badlands." I shrug, even if we did know where Wilbur was we would still have to leave our country to get him and that was impossible with the looming battle.

"Its the calm before the storm, we can't leave our people at a time like this." Tommy speaks, I look up shocked, that was one of the most leadership things Tommy has ever said.

"Your right." Phil stops pacing and looks to the main gate of the castle. "Look!" He exclaims.

"Friend!" Shouts Tommy has he jumps up from his criss crossed position on the ground. The blue-grey horse neighs as he gets to Tommy side. Tommy lifts his hand and rubs it on the horses snout. "Where is Wilbur?" He asks. The horse grunts and stamps his feet.

"He knows." Phil narrates.

"What do we do?" Tommy looks up with wide eyes to me and Phil, his pupils are so big they are almost blocking the ocean blue and grey eye. I turn to Phil expecting him to have an answer but he just looks down at the ground. Usually Wilbur is the one to have a plan in a situation like this.

How is the King not able to make a plan to save his own son? Is he really this incapable? I've heard many rants from an annoyed Wilbur about this exact problem but I always thought he was just exaggerating.

I decide that Phil isn't going to step up so I do it for him.

"We fight." I buff up my chest. "Then we get our king back."