56

"Are you okay? You look down" Minnie asked as soon as Shuhua walked into the kitchen, from what the taiwanesse could see the older girl was currently into yet another kitchen adventure, already making dinner for them. "Did you and Soojin argue?"

Shuhua shakes her head before moving to sit by the kitchen counter, placing her bag on top of it, she opened the external pockets of the bag and pulled the letter she was meant to give to Soojin, Minnie seemed to notice because she frowned.

"Isn't that for Soojin?"

"Her dad is sick," Shuhua replied. "It didn't feel right to give it to her in a moment like this" She added and Minnie nodded, understanding.

"That sucks, but I get the feeling this isn't the only reason why you're looking like such a sad puppy" The older said, turning off the stove and turning around to give the younger her full attention. "Come on, you can talk to me?"

"I… I told Soojin something" She started, measuring her words. "Like… a lie and I don't know how to tell her the truth" 

"How bad is the lie?" Minnie asked, leaning over the counter and watching as Shuhua played with the edges of the letter. "I hope you didn't cheat-"

"No, Not that type of lie!" Shuhua said right away, and Minnie nodded, relieved. "But I can't tell you what it is until I tell Soojin first"

"I understand but what makes you so worried?"

"What if she gets upset at me?"

"Well, it's a consequence you have to face for lying," Minnie replied, sincere. "But the fact that you're willing to tell the truth yourself shows you're guilty and regrets it and I'm sure she'll realize that" 

"I don't want her to break up with me," Shuhua said and Minnie poked her cheek.

"I doubt she will, not when Soojin looks at you like you're something so precious" The older girl said and then laughed. "Seriously you can see the honey dripping from her eyes every time she looks at you. I think just you doesn't notices it" 

Shuhua let those words sink in, they have been doing a good job talking with each other and despite the possibility of Soojin murdering her tomorrow morning because of her lie, she knows the other may still be upset to listen to her and have her apologize; As long as she can explain herself, that's enough for Shuhua. 

"I think you're worrying too much about what might happen after when you should just focus on being honest to her" Minnie said. "I don't mean to be the nagging older sister but whatever happens you know you have to accept and deal with" 

"I know" Shuhua mumbled. "I still worry"