Leave Him

sorry it's short.

Pic of Skylark---------------------------------------------------------->

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Hunter (POV)

"Please don't leave. I beg you."

Something about Adam's voice made me stop in my tracks. I turned to look Adam in his eyes.

"I-I have to go. I just can't set here and let you kill me again, because whatever you've got planned won't work. Whatever tricks you were going to use......" I shook my head. "I'm just leaving." I wispered.

For just a second, a strange expression crossed Adam's face. An expression so tragic and lonely that I felt my throat close.

But I couldn't let myself soften. I couldn't give him a chance to trick me again.

"Just stay away from me," I said. With all the confusion and turmoil inside me, that was the only thing I could keep clear in my mind. "I never want to see you again."

He looked shell-shocked but his eyes were steady. "I've never wanted to hurt you," he said quietly. "And all I want to do now is protect you. But if that's what you want, I'll let you go."

How could he claim he'd never wanted to hurt me. Didn't killing me count? "That is what I want. And I don't need your protection."

"You have it anyway," he said.

And then he moved, faster than I could ever hope to move, almost faster than I thought possible. In an instant, he was close to me. His fingers touched my left cheek, light as a moth's wings. And then he was taking my hand, slipping something on my finger.

"Wear this." he said, no louder than a breath. " It has spells to protect you. And even without the spells, there aren't many Night People who'll harm you if they see it."

I opened my mouth to say I wasn't afraid of any Night People except him, but he was still speaking. "Try not to go out alone, especially at night."

And then I slowly turned to leave.

Adam(POV)

Noting hurts more then knowing that the one person you love does not love you anymore, and watching them leave you hurts evenmore.

I sat down on the egde of my bed felling the warm tears run down my face. Why does being in love have to hurt so much I thought to myself.

I heard someones footsteps as they moved to me. "You should be happy that the boy has left. Now you want hurt him when your blood lust takes over." My brother said.

"I don't fell like talking right now." I told him.

"I understand, I'll tell our guest that the party is over." He left closing the door behind.

My mind went back to Hunter, God I should kissed him one last time before he left, just to let my lips feel the softness of his.

A sharp pain ran though my chest.

Fuck, I should not have let him leave, but I can not deny him what he wants. It's a fault of mine.

I left my room and walked down the hall to Skylark's room. Skylark, a warlock, was a good friend of mine who always helped my when I needed it. I stopped in front of his door and knocked. I know I told Hunter I wouldn't watch over him, but I needed to know if he would be o.k. with out me.

"Come in Adam."

I opened the door and stepped in closing it behind me. Skylark put his book mark into the spell book he was reading and with a wave of his hand the book floated from is hand to the book shelf.

He looked to me with his glowing brown eyes,"Skylark I need a favor." he waited for me to continue, "I need you to look into Hunters future."

"I will." he said.

I walked over and sat on the edge of his bed. Skylark crossed his legs and closed his eye taking slow deep breaths as he looked in to Hunters future.

Ten minutes later he opened his eyes.

"Hunter seems to be happy." he said.

That brought a sad simle to my face becuse all I every wanted was for him to be happy even if it wasnt with me.

"What was he doing?" I asked.

"He was on a date with a young man named Robert." Skylark said slowly.

Hearing that hurt like hell, but maybe it was a good thing that he was dating someone who is human someone who can't hurt him like I can.

"I'm sorry Adam." he said

"No it's o.k."

"You're sure."

"Yeah."

Skylark gave me a kiss on my forehead before I left his room to return to mine.

When arrived at my bedroom I was surprised to find Christopher in my bed waiting for me.