Take care of Him

pic of Hunter-------------->

Adam(POV)

"You're going to just walk away from him." Christopher said

"Yes, and so are you. Hunter is not threat to you anymore. So if you want something from me, the only person to deal with is me and me only. You can try any time you like." I gazed at him levelly.

Christopher threw back his head and let out a musical laughter. "Oh, why didn't you tell me before? you could have saved me some trouble.....but on the other hand, his blood was very sweet. I wouldn't have missed-" He broke off, then, because I slammed him as hard as I could against the wall of the lobby. My control had disappeared. I was so angey that I couldn't speak out loud.

What did you do to Hunter? What did you do? I shouted the words telepathically as my hands closed around his throat. He just smiled at me. He was one of the oldest vampires, and the most powerful.In every vampire who came after him,in his bloodline, his blood had been diluted, half as strong, a quarter as strong, an eighth. But he was the purest. He wasn't afraid of anyone.

Me? I didn't do anything, he said, answering the same way. I'm afraid you were the one who attacked him. he seemed very unhappy about it; he even stabbed you with a pencil. Christopher lifted a hand and I saw a neat dark hole pucturing it, faintly ringed with blood.

The power of illusion, I thought. Christpher could appear as anyone and anything he wanted.

He's all right, Christopher went on, you didn't exchange as much blood as you'd planned.

People had started to gather behind me, murmering anxiously. I could tell they were about to interfere and ask me to please let go of the him. I ignored them.

Listen to me, I told him, staring into his mocking light eyes. Listen, because I'm never going to say this again. If you touch Hunter again, ever, in any life, I will kil you.

 "I'll kill you." I whispered out loud, to emphasize it. "Believe me, Christopher, I'll do it." Then I let him go. I had to get to Hunter. Even a small blood exchange with a vampire could be dangerous, and Christopher's was the most potent on earth. Hunter could be critically weak now.....or starting to change.

You won't kill me. Christopher telepathic voice followed me as I made for the door. You don't have the balls to do it. Your Adam the compassionate, good vampire. The saint of The Daybreakers. You'er not powerful enough to kill me.

I stopped on the threshold and turned around and looked directly into his eyes. "Try me."

Then I was outside, moving quickly through the night. Even so, Christopher got the last word.

And, of course, there's your promise.....

Hunter(POV)

I stirred.

I vaguely felt that something was wrong, something needed doing. Then I remembered. Adam. I jumped up from the floor and looked around, but he was gone. I checked every door and window to make sure they were locked. I did want to think about what happened. A howl sounded off outside, but not just any howl it was a wolf's howl. I quckly made my way to my room, but before I could make it into the room I heard someone take a deep breath. Someone who was standing behind me.

I turned around with my knife held high and ready.My skin was crawling and I could feel a wash of acid from my stomach, but I meant to fight for my life. A tall figure was standing there in the dim light.

Adam.

"What's the matter? Come back for more?" I said, and I was plased to find my voice steady. "Are you all right? Adam asked.He looked different from the last time I'd seen him. He looked worried like he cared about me. "Why do you care?" A wave of dizziness went through me. Adam stepped toward me and I pointed the knife at him.

"I do care." Adam said. I laughed like a crazy person. I felt drunk like I could fall again at any moment.

"Hunter-"

"Are you carzy?" I said. There were tears in my eyes. "Do you think that you can just attack me and then come back and say 'I'm sorry' and it's all going to be okay? Well, it isn't. If there was ever anything between us, it's all over now. There is no second chance."

I could see his face tense. A muscle twitched in his tight jaw. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. When he opened his eyes to look at me I froze. His voice was calm, "I don't need a second chance, Hunter, I just need you. I've waited years for you and I don't want to lose you. I love you so much Hunter."

The knife fall from my had and hit the flood with a loud thud. I could fell the tears run down my face. Was he telling the truth? I thought. I didn't want to believe him. But I could see in his eyes that he was telling the thruth. "I don't know what to believe anymore." I said.

Adam quickly moved closer to and pulled me into his arms. "Just believe that it's going to be o.k." he said. I rested my head on his shoulder and let the tears run till I fall asleep.

Adam(POV)

I held Hunter in my arms till he drifted aspleep. "It's time to go home." I whispered to him. I carried him down to my car and placed him in the passenger set gently so he would not wake up.  After getting behind the wheel I started my car up and drove to Everett as fast as I could. Trees and homes flashed by and in no time I had made  it to my mansion. I carried him bridal style up to my room. I layed him down in my bed and wrapped him and the silk sheets. I sat on the edge on the bed and just watched him sleep.

The sound of his light breathing was relaxing to me. I could fell my heart swell with joy at knowing he was here with me. I smiled as I caressed his sleeping face then I leaned down and kissed his full lips softly, feeling the warm electricity run though my body. "I love you." I whispered in his ear.

I didn't want to leave him, but there was something I had to take care of or better, someone I had to get rid of.