Crazy about Him

Pic of Adam------------>

Hunter(POV)

I looked out into the darkness. It was weird how fast vampires could move. I closed the sliding door and locked and made my way to my room. I stoped dead  at the threshold of my room. Adam was sitting on my bed. For a moment I stood frozen. Then I said, "What are you doing here?"

I know I should be happy to see him, but fear was making it hard to be happy. Because what if Chistopher was telling me the thruth and Adam was carzy. I looked around  the room to see how he had gotten in. The windows were shut and only opened from the inside. He must have walked in while I was in the kitchen talking with Chistopher.

"I had to see you." Adam said in his deep voice. He looked.....strange. His grey eyes seemed hot somehow, as if he were burning inside. His face was tense and grim.

"I told you to keep away from me." why did I say that? I guess it was becuase I was kind of scared and I wanted to sound brave.

There was a sort of electricity in the air, but it wasn't a good electricity. It was purely dangerous. "I know you did, and I tried. But I can't stay away, Hunter. I just can't. It makes me.......crazy." And with that he stood up.

My heart seemed to jump into my throat and stayed there, pounding hard. I fought to keep my face calm.

He's fast, a little voice in my head seemed to say, and with relief I recognized the dark cool voice of reason. There's no point in running from him, because he can catch you in a second.

"You have to understand," Adam said. "Please try to understand. I need you. We were meant to be together. Without you I'm noting." He took a step toward me. His eyes were black and fathomless and I could almost feel their heat. Obsessed, yes, I thought. Chistopher was right. He may put on a good front, but underneath he's just plain crazy. Like any stalker.

"Say you understand," Adam said. He reached a pleasding hand toward me.

"I understand," I said grimly. "And i still want you to go away."

"I can't. I have to make sure we'll be together, the way we were meant to be. And there's only one way to do that."

There was something different about his mouth. Two delicate fages were protruding, indenting his lower lip. I felt a cold fist close over my heart.

"You have to join the Night World, Hunter. You have to become like me. I promise you, once it's over, you'll be happy."

"Happy?" A wave of sickening revulsion swept over me. "As a monster like you? I was happy before you ever showed up. I'd be happy if you'd just keep out of my life forever. I-"

Stop talking! The cool voice was screaming at me, but I was too overwrought to listen.

"I-I ha-" I didn't get to finish. in one swift movement, he was in front of me. And then he grabbed me.

"You'll change your mind," Adam said. An instant later everything was chaos. Adam had one hand in my hair, twisting my head to the side, exposing my neck. His onther arm was keeping both my arms trapped against my body. I was twaisting, struggling and it wasn't doing any good. He was unbelievably strong. I felt the warmth of his breath on my neck...and then the sharpness of teeth. "Don't fight." Adam's muffled voice came to me. "You'll only make it worse."

The pain of having your blood drawn out against my will was like nothing I ever felt. It was like my soul was being pulled out of body, a pain that radiated down my neck and through my left shoulder and arm. It tured my vision gray and made me feel light headed.