Chapter 8: Build-Up

(Wednesday, March 17th)

The time was 2:30 PM and I still had another 5 or so hours until the next episode of NXT. Meanwhile, I was in the middle of a video call from Hunter discussing the build-up to Takeover.

Hunter: So tonight I'm gonna have you head to the ring and call out Johnny to set up a match between you and him next week in a championship contenders match, before Austin (Theory) attacks you from behind as he will be your opponent tonight, then the segment will end with you hitting him and Johnny with your finishers.

Trystan: Alright, thank you Hunter.

Hunter: No problem. See you later tonight.

Trystan: See ya.

I ended the call before I went to feed my cats. I also grabbed a can of Monster while I was up. I sat back down at my desk before going to Instagram to finally confirm my relationship with Ash.

@TKA_WWE: I may have just debuted but it doesn't stop me from saying that me and @ShotziWWE have started dating literally right after my debut on #WWENXT

@TKA_WWE: I may have just debuted but it doesn't stop me from saying that me and @ShotziWWE have started dating literally right after my debut on #WWENXT. I wouldn't want to start a relationship any other way... 🖤😻

Trystan: There we go. Now to see how the universe reacts...

Instagram
@ShotziWWE commented on your post.

Trystan: Damn, already?

I clicked on the notification as I read her comment.

@ShotziWWE: I wouldn't want to start dating you under any other circumstances either. 🥰

Trystan: Where would I be without her?..

TIMESKIP TO NXT

Once I got inside the arena I went straight to find Ash which I did as I walked up behind her and scared her as she jumped before turning to see me laughing.

Ash: Babe!

Trystan: I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

Ash: You're lucky I love you!

Trystan: Or what?

Ash: Because I would have slapped you.

Trystan: That wouldn't really hurt me as much since my hardcore wrestling days.

Ash: True.

Trystan: Anyway, do you and Adrienne have a match tonight?

Ash: No match for us, just a promo celebrating our win. What about you?

Trystan: I have a promo to call out Johnny and then a match with Austin Theory tonight.

Ash: Ok. Do you want to sit down?

Trystan: Yes ma'am, I do.

Ash giggles as we sat down and had a small conversation. Eventually, out of the corner of my eye I see Finn walking by as I tell Ash that I was going to talk to him.

Trystan: Hey Finn!

Finn: Hey man, I seen your post about you and Ash, congrats man!

Trystan: Thank you! That means a lot Finn!

Finn: Of course, lad.

We had a small conversation before we went our seperate ways as I rejoined Ash who was with Adrienne.

TIMESKIP TO TRYSTAN'S PROMO

TKA: It's about time I get some words in on the mic here in NXT

TKA: It's about time I get some words in on the mic here in NXT. So, first of all last week was the biggest week in my career... so far. I beat the current North American Champion in my debut, Mr. Johnny Gargano. Who I bet is somewhere backstage pissed off because of that. We can always talk about that if he wants to... Actually... Can you come out for me Johnny?

Out comes Johnny with mic in hand...

Johnny: Look, I know you beat me last week but you just got lucky that time okay...

TKA: Ah, so you were pissed! I beat you in the middle of the ring last week and I'll do it again to take that championship off of your waist there.

Johnny: I don't think you should worry about me right now because I think there's somebody behind you sir...

I turn around for Austin to try to lift me up before I fight him off and hit him with a knee strike to the face as I take off my hoodie and tell Johnny to come into the ring which he does. I catch him and take him out with another knee strike as I go to the turnbuckle and wait for him to get in position before finishing him with the Mutilator DDT. Austin gets up as I hit him with the Power Breaker, the show going to commercial break as I stand over the two.