Chapter 2 -- Rescue Mission

Caroline decided she would save Enzo first while waiting for the package to arrive. She still thought that vervain was weirdly accessible but then again it wasn't a highly sought out product for the general public.

Caroline didn't prepare a lot she just got in her car and started to drive to save Enzo.

She got there and stopped her car down the road to aid her story. She knocked on the door and it was answered by none other than Wes.
"Hi," Caroline starts, "my car broke down a little back and my phone died. I was hoping you could help me?" Wes steps back a bit and goes to grab something. Caroline walks in as she knew it was him testing if she was a vampire or not.

She saw a ring with Lapis Lazuli on it and sensed something weird about it. She then realised it was a daylight ring so she grabbed it before he came back and put it in her pocket.

When he came back he was more relaxed.
"Is there anyone else here?" Caroline asked with a faked innocent curiosity.
"Ah no its just me at the moment." After he admitted that she immediately pinned him to the floor. He gasped in surprise but didn't manage to shout out because of his shock.
"Are you on vervain?" He refused to answer her question so she started to heat up he hands, burning him slightly.
"No! No I'm not! My watch is vervain though!" He answered as soon as it got too hot.

Caroline lifted him up and instructed him to take her to their cells. As he was terrified of her, he did everything she said. Once they got to the basement Caroline's breath hitched as she saw the state Enzo was in.

"Hiya hun. Are you okay?" She asked the tortured vampire.
"Are you an angel?" He asked like he was going to die.
"Oh honey. You poor thing. Let him out now." She instructed.
"But he's dang-." Wes started to respond.
"I meant what I said. Let. Him. Out." Caroline repeated. Enzo just looked confused at Caroline as she smile softly at him.

Caroline turned to the horrific man that lead her down and broke his watch off of his wristwatch; pushing him to the ground infront of Enzo.
"Have a drink lovely." Caroline told the vampire smiling to him.
Wes looked terrified. Enzo had a malicious smile on his face as he jumped and drained the man leaving him dead.

Enzo stood up visibly stronger that he was a while ago and immediately hugged her. Caroline wasn't expecting it but she hugged back knowing he needed some positive physical touch after everything he had been through.
"Are you okay now?" She asked him still holding the seemingly fragile man in her arms. He just nodded into her holding on desperately.
"Let's get you out of here. Yeah?" She removed herself from his arms still holding his hand.

She turned to him before they left the house and gave him the daylight ring.
"Will this fit?" She asked and he tried to put it on. Much to her relief it fit him and she continued to lead him out of the door.

Once they got to the car it was still early in the afternoon so she knew Liz wouldn't be home for a while and it was safe to take Enzo home. She looked over Enzo and started to measure what his clothing size would be.
"What are you doing Angel?" Enzo asked her confused. Caroline smiled at the nickname and replied to the confused Vampire, "I'm sizing you darling. So I can see what clothes would fit you." After she was done they got in the car and she told him to buckle his seat belt.

She drove him to her house and invited him in. She took him to her bedroom. She thought for a moment and then went to the attic. Some of her dad's clothes must still be here. Luckily some were and no moths had gotten to them. She saw some that looked like the right size. Just some sweatpants and a black shirt. Luckily she even found some underwear that looked right.

She went back to her room and saw Enzo just standing there awkwardly.
"Enzo." She called to him. He looked over and just smiled walking to her.
"Let's get you showered yeah?" She asked and he nodded. She brought him to the bathroom and showed him the shower.
"This is how you turn it on. This is how you adjust the temperature. Left if you want it hotter and right if you want it colder. There's towels there and I'll put your temporary clothes here okay?" She explained to him.

"Yeah I've got it." He told her and took his shirt off. Caroline didn't really care. It wasn't as if she'd never seen a shirtless man before. But she paused where she saw the old scars he couldn't heal when he was there because of his weakened state. She knew they wouldn't be able to heal now because they weren't injuries anymore. Her eyes saddened.
"Oh Enzo I'm so sorry..." Caroline said to him.
"It's not your fault Care. You have nothing to apologise for. You even saved me." Enzo said with a small smile.
"Okay Enzo. You have your shower now." She told him and left the bathroom, closing the door.