Chapter 12 -- The Founders Party

Caroline stood in her room with Enzo sat on her bed watching her with interest.
"What do you think I should wear babe? This dress or this dress." Caroline asked him holding up two dresses she narrowed it down to.

Enzo looked between the two dresses in thought and finally pointed at the white dress with the blue floral pattern.

(Don't kill me I don't wear dresses oof.)

"Good choice." She complimented her boyfriend's choice while smiling. Her smile was really infectious and it made Enzo smiled. He stood up and wrapped his hands around her waist from behind.

They looked in the mirror together and she put the dress against her to see what it looked like on her. She hung the dress up ready for her to wear it later and she turned in Enzo's arms to face him.

After a minute she was suddenly picked up, spun around once and set on the ground again. While this happened Caroline squealed quietly and started giggling. Soon Enzo's soft chuckle joined her giggles as they stayed in a tight embrace, swaying slightly side to side.

"What compelled you to do that?" Caroline asked playfully with a pun. Enzo let out another laugh at his Angel's terrible joke and placed his head in the nook between her head and right shoulder.
"I love you Care. You've made me really happy." As he spoke his lips moved on Caroline's neck, tickling her and making her laugh.
"I love you too En." She replied with a happy sigh, brushing her fingers through his hair.

"Sorry I can't bring you with me love." She said to him still enjoying his hug.
"It's fine Angel. Parties like this aren't really my scene anyway and I definitely don't want to expose myself to the Salvatore brothers yet." He reassured her pulling away slightly and putting his hand on her cheek-which she leaned into with her eyes closed.

"Now unlike me you do have a party to get to. So let's get you ready." Enzo reminflded her softly placing their foreheads together.
"You're right I don't want to be late." She replied with a smile. He kissed her forehead and helped her get ready. Mainly pulling the zip up on her dress when she couldn't reach it.

There was a knock at the door surprising the couple. Then Caroline's eyes widened.
"That's probably Damon." She whispered to Enzo.
"What? Why?" He whispered back confused.
"Well he wants a way into the party."
"Are you going to give him one?" Caroline responded to the question with a cheeky grin.
"Hell yeah I am."

With that Caroline answered the door to see she was right.
"Yes I'll help you get invited in." She said to Damon boredly before he even asked making him smirk at her and offer his arm. She accepted his offer and looped her arm through his as he led her to his car.

Eventually they got to the party and they were greeted with Mayor Lockwood. Someone that Caroline absolutely despised. However she persevered and greeted him with a polite smile.
"Hello Mayor Lockwood. How are you?" Caroline asked she older man.
"I'm doing fine Caroline. Who is this?" The Mayor asked curiously.
"Oh this is Damon Salvatore. He's a friend." Caroline responded with fake kindness that only Damon caught making him amused.
"Ah yes the Salvatore's, do come in you two. Enjoy yourselves." He responded happily.
"Thank you Mayor Lockwood we will."