Chapter 7

TW: Descriptive Panic/Anxiety attack

A couple days.

It's been a couple days now since I've seen Dream. He hasn't come back, that I know of. As far as Ranboo knows, he hasn't even been seen around the SMP.

He just...vanished.

I hate the part of me that's worried about that. Worried that something might have happened, if he's okay.

I don't want to worry about him. He doesn't deserve it.

Dream only worried about me because of how my possible demise could affect him, not because he was genuinely worried, right?

So, I shouldn't care about if he's okay. About why he's not come back, or even been seen in his own precious country.

I toss a snowball, watching it as it explodes violently against the ice spike opposite my cabin stairs.

What the hell is he doing?

What the hell is wrong with me?

Why do I have to care about if he's okay with whatever he's disappeared to do? It's not like it's the first time, and it's not like it'll be the last either.

But...he always kept reminding me that he's keeping an eye on me. That he'd be back the next day, which would be the following day after that.

But now it's been four days without a visit. Five since that big fight where I told him to just leave and not come back.

Is that what he did? Is Dream not going to come back?

Ranboo didn't visit last night either. But he at least said he might not be able to, since he's been busy with L'manberg and whatever is going on back there.

I already told him I don't really want to hear about what's going on with my old friends. It hurts too much to hear how they're happily moving forward with their lives and forgetting the person who used to be their friend.

The one who was falsely accused of crimes and thrown all the way out here in the artic with nothing but a bunch of sheep, two polar bears and a cabin.

Ranboo, being the kind heart that he is, apologized for talking about it with me so many times I thought he was a broken disc. But he's understanding, and said he'd be careful what he talks about when he visits me.

I'll get over it eventually. Hopefully...

I make another snowball, before launching that one too at the ice spike opposite me.

I made my vault the other day. With help from Ranboo, since he says he's good at hiding things as well. The only things I've put in it so far are an Ender chest, gifted by Ranboo, a double chest, and the books he has left me.

Small and inconspicuous, hopefully never to be discovered by Dream.

If he ever comes back, that is...

Even the Nether Portal is still active downhill. Usually, Dream breaks it upon leaving. Ranboo too, but that's to cover that he's been here.

It feels like a test, to see if I'll disobey his direct order to stay here.

I'm not gonna fall for it, if it is. Ranboo said if I need anything from the Nether, he'll get it for me to make sure I'm safe.

Well, as safe as I could be under Dream's wrath if he found out that Ranboo's still visiting and offering to bring me things I may need.

I throw one last snowball before going inside, tired of sitting outside on the steps of my cabin like a dog waiting for its master to come home. I'm not waiting for Dream, why would I do that?