Chapter 21

Dream's fingers card through my hair languidly, leading my face back to his neck. "How's the stomach?"

"Fine. How's your head?" I wrap my arm around his waist to snuggle back in for more sleep if he's willing.

"Better. Yesterday didn't help it." I still don't feel bad about the arguing, honestly. But I do feel bad at how he seemed so much sicker last night before bed.

It feels weird that our fighting was so quick, though. I guess that's proof of how far we've come with one another. At least we were able to talk it out and not go to bed angry.

"Not still mad at me today, right?"

"No, but some sucking up would definitely be appreciated."

Dream's hand slips down from my waist, and I expect a slap, but instead he finds my thigh and hikes it up over his waist.

In seconds, he's rolling me over and laying over me with his face on my collar. Gentle, lazy kisses laying over the exposed skin of my neck.

"All you have to do is ask to get pampered."

I giggle before carding my fingers into his hair like he'd done for me already, stroking fingertips against his scalp.

"We should talk more today, though."

"Of course."

There's definitely more to discuss, especially now that we've had a night to sleep off the initial anger.

"Before I go see Techno, or after?"

"It depends. Are you going to hurt him?"

Dream's snort against my neck, combined with the way his arms tighten almost possessively around me, do little to tell me he won't do something against the brash man for yesterday's bantering at his expense.

"Dream."

"I can't lie to you, right?"

"Dream!"

Dream wheezes with laughter over me, continues even when I tighten my hand in his dirty blond locks as a warning.

Though, he is right. No more lying, I'm sure I made that clear enough last night.

Fine, I'm starting to feel a little guilty for lecturing him when he had a pounding migraine yesterday.

As Dream wheezes with laughter at his own humor, I press my lips to his temple. A pleasant hum replaces the laughter, before he leans back to kiss me.

"I won't do anything. He owes me a favor, and I kinda need him alive if I plan to cash it in in the future."

"Why do you have to be like this?" I lament playfully as he just smirks cheekily down at me.

He's definitely feeling better today though, of which I'm relieved to see.

"You're mine." Ah, this again.

"You get jealous way too easily." I'm met with his nose brushing a path up the side of my neck, until his lips suck my earlobe between them and into his teeth.

"I don't like people trying to take what's mine."

"Oh, you think I'd leave you for the one person who talks less than you?"

I yelp when Dream latches his lips onto my neck, unable to fend him off as he sucks another love mark into my skin.

"Who's that even for? No one sees those but you, me and Ranboo!"