Chapter 18

After this morning, well and last night, I'd like to think that Dream and I are on the path to healing and possibly fixing our relationship.

I mean, laying in bed and making out for who knows how long while clinging to each other should definitely be a good sign, right?

So, am I just being clingy now in being disappointed that he left after breakfast? He usually did this before, so...

I'm selfish. I'm selfish, and I need to work on it, so I don't ruin the possibility of my relationship with Dream being fixed.

Ranboo pulls me out of my thoughts when I see the way he keeps trying to glance at me from behind his book, as if I can't see those red and green eyes peering over the book.

After he does it a fourth time, I lift my foot and push his knee under the table.

"Care to tell me what's on your mind?" I ask once he puts down the book and looks at me directly.

"You have bags under your eyes." Courtesy of not sleeping well, and then eventually crying myself to sleep. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Ranboo. It was just a long night." I admit and scoot around the table to sit next to him instead.

"Was it because of Dream?" Ranboo's soft voice tempts me to lean over and take a nap against his side.

"I slipped off my ladder and he gave me a health potion before helping me back to bed. Then that turned into us fighting until crying to sleep." I don't want to tell him that Dream also had been crying, as that feels invasive of me to share.

He always keeps on that cool, calm and collected face with everyone else. I wonder if anyone else has even seen him cry before.

"You cried yourself to sleep?" I feel bad for telling him at the immediate worry in his voice, but at least he doesn't ask if it was Dream too.

"I'm fine, Ranboo. We talked some stuff out."

"Are you sure? I mean, you look like you could fall asleep right now."

"Ranboo, take a day off from babysitting me, yeah?" I pat his cheek teasingly, turning my gaze down to the book opened on the table in front of us.

"I'm not babysitting you." Ranboo closes the book of his new home designs and pushes it to the side. "I've been worried for you; I know you've been hurting."

"I'm doing better now. He and I talking and venting everything out helped." I promise him and pat his cheek again when he doesn't look convinced.

"Are you—"

"Ranboo." I push my hand over his mouth to stop his consistent worrying over me, smiling when his eyes immediately widen shyly in response.

Making him shy or embarrassing him is so easy though, he's so opposite Dream who's confident and cocky almost all the time.

Smug is probably a better way to describe some of his moments, actually...

I jump away from Ranboo though when the door suddenly bangs open loudly, Dream striding in and looking at Ranboo then me.

Ranboo immediately ducks his eyes back into the book on the table, guilt filling my chest at how I can't do much to help his immense fear for the man that in contrast I love.

Dream's back a lot sooner than I thought he'd be, though. Honestly, I thought he'd do the same routine of coming back just before sunset.

"You're back early." I point out as Dream walks towards the chest in the back.