Chapter 7:

James paced the room. He had slept for a bit longer after Cordelia, the little scamp of a wife, ran off without telling him. He just thought of what would happen when someone would be kidnapped. Hopefully the pain would be gone soon.

Matthew held in his hands a bottle of beer. His hands were shaking. Matthew was trying to give up drinking, for Jasmine.

Jasmine.

He remembered when he had met her.

He pushed open the door and saw a girl, her head tilted down. He walked over like he was drunk, when he wasn't. He was close enough to see her face and that her eyes were blue and her lips were red. Her hair was incredibly long, pulled back into a bun and her hair was black with brown streaks. He thought, "how beautiful."

"Hey," he said.

"Hi," she replied. "Get out."

Ah, those words, Get out. He ended up falling in love with Jasmine, though he only knew her for a day.

'Matthew?"

Jasmine's voice rang down the corridor. He quickly hid the bottle.

"What, darling?"

"Have you seen the Bang Mary?"

"What the heck?"

"Oh, never mind. I will ask the cook."

Matthew felt bad, hiding the bottle. If he wanted to be nice to her, he would have to go.

Give her a better life.

Even if they were engaged.

He immediately ran to the train station.

*Cordelia*

After a bit of research (and some arguing), Cordelia returned to the Institute at exactly 5:00pm. When she arrived, James was sweaty, moving some of their large equipment into a carriage. They were going back to Curzon Street after a bit of a holiday at the Institute. James smiled.

"Hello, Daisy."

"Hello, James, is there anything I can help with?"

She glanced around and picked up a vase that Lucie had given to her. She wobbled and James' protective arm was on her shoulder.

"Slow down," he said. "If you need help, ask me."

He kissed her nose. She smiled and then she carried the heavy vase to the carriage . Suddenly, her hand flew to her mouth.

"Oh!"

"What is it?" James asked.

"We haven't even a honeymoon though!"

"Oh!' James repeated. "I'll rent a room in P- ah, a place."

"James!" She put her hands on her hips. "Tell me."

"Maybe later.'

Everything was in the carriage and Cordelia was settling herself on a plush velvet cushion. The carriage slowly drove away from the Institute, with Will and Tessa waving merrily at them. She waved and James did too. The carriage slowly rumbled away from the gates.

*James*

A few minutes later, the carriage arrived at Curzon Street. Overly glad to see their house, Cordelia leaped off and burst in after fumbling with the keys.

'Ohhhh," she sighed. It was happy to finally be home. Effie greeted them with a frown.

"Great, you are home. I thought i would have the house to myself!"

"No, you shan't,' James snapped.

Effie sighed and went off with the broom, dusting the floor. Suddenly, there was rapping at the door and Cordelia threw open the door to find a blotchy, tear stained face. It was Jasmine.

"Jasmine, what's wrong?" Cordelia asked, the happiness being drained out of her. It hurt to see Daisy like this, she is always so bouncy, like Lucie.

"Matthew," Jasmine gasped. "I do not know where he is, the cook said she saw him running for the train station!

He has left me!" She sobbed.

"No,' James said. "Matthew wouldn't abandon you. He loves you. Very much."

"And, even though he is not a Herondale, he does have a power to love, a bit too much," Cordelia added.

Jasmine sobbed hysterically.

"I JUST WANT MATTHEW BACK!" She shrieked.

"Okay, okay," Cordelia said. "We'll let you stay for the night. I'll lend you some of my dresses and we are waking up at seven in the morning to catch the earliest train," Cordelia continued, sounding like a mother scolding her child. Jasmine nodded, hurried up the stairs, and Cordelia showed her a spare room in 10 Curzon Street, their home. Jasmine took a nice (and very long) shower and primly undid her hair. It tumbled like a river down her back.

"Okay," James said when she was about to go to sleep. "Maybe don't go onto the second floor, because we'll be doing things in there. Jasmine nodded obediently. The Penhallows taught her well to respect others. Cordelia was situated on a velvet chair, taking the combs out of her hair. James inhaled. She was even more prettier than Jasmine.

Like she felt his gaze, she said, "What?"

"You are beautiful," he said.

She smiled and curled into the bed. He tilted her head up and kissed her. She was warm and soft and curving. He was still kissing her and she did not draw back. He wanted to kiss her forever, Daisy, his darling.

*Cordelia*

James had reached for her and kissed her, though she had expected it. The world could not sneak up on Cordelia anymore. They were still kissing when Jasmine walked into the room, obviously unaware of what they were doing.

"I may have- woah," Jasmine said, backing back towards the door. Cordelia drew back, still in James' arms.

"What?"

"I'll maybe tell you tomorrow."

Cordelia remembered the time in Paris when she had been taken at midnight and James had rescued her. She had come back immediately home with him to look for lost Lucie, but they had found her, with Jesse Blackthorn. They hadn't seen Jesse for a while, and Grace was in Iceland with the Iron Sisters, and they couldn't research about the Inquisitor. She looped her arms around James' neck and pulled herself up to kiss him. She didn't know if she would survive in the fight, and every moment was precious to her.